Chapter 17

So I brought Aiden to church regardless of how he felt . I knew he would come up with all kinds of stories and stuff like 'I got a meeting ' or 'baby my belly hurts I can't go ' and when I said I don't care lets go , he groaned

"soph don't you love me ? as a woman of God you should care for me as your husband and let me stay home" he said with the cute pout . Deciding it was enough play time "Fine then ..." He smiled brightly before I continued "I call your mom over to watch you " I grab my phone ready for to him to cave in

He shot up quickly " would you look at that .. Babe I'm feeling better already"

"Go bathe!" I chuckled at him

"Go Jesus !" He shouted running to the bathroom

It's been a week since we went to church although he complained on the way there I knew he enjoyed the service , he just won't admit it.

Right now it was lunch time and I was about to enter my mans job. As I walked I notice all eyes on me . It made me feel weird because of the amount of eyes but then again I am their bosses wife.

"Is he in his office?" I asked the receptionist. With all the attitude and audacity she rolled her eyes

"No he is in a meeting " she feign a smile and I look at her in amusement "okay"

I walk towards the elevator to go up "wait where are you going ?" I look to see the receptionist talking to me "up to his office"

"But I just said he's in a meeting , no one's allowed to go up " she said with an attitude.

"YOU aren't allowed to go up but I am "

"Who do you think you are ? Securities please come get this woman" only now I realize she is new but this attitude got to go .

As the security guards approach the stood back "nah miss Burke she could pass"

I smiled genuinely at them "why ?"

"She the boss wife." That's all it took to put her in shock and change of attitude.

"Thank you gentlemen I'll be going up now " I turned and went into the elevator. I pressed the level that he was on which is the top floor. As I stood there I realize there was a man all in black . It creep me out a lil he looked at me with a creepy smirk , I smiled weakly at him before turning around to face the front.

I had the lunch in my hand as the door opened I walked quickly to his office as I turned I saw the man in black staring straight at me. I quickly opened up his office with my spare key.

I sat the food on his table and went to open the curtains and bring some light into this place. I always love standing here because everyone outside.

I looked down and as I did I saw Aiden crossing the road with some broad , I watched closely as they held hands . My jaw clenched as I see him laugh at something she said. Was he not over this cheating business?

I started to feel tears of anger rise up but I pushed it down as fast as I could and kept my face blank void of emotion.

They walked in and my arms were crossed , they were still holding hands and smiling but his smile dropped quickly as he saw me . "Babe-" I shook my head grab my bag and walked out. I could hear him calling me " soph ! Sophia !! Soph let me explain" I couldn't believe he was doing this to me again , the tears of anger rose up in me again.

He pulled my elbow and immediately I began hitting him as the tears fell from my eyes. "How could you !!"

"Soph let me explain" he only hugged me as I fought him off "let me goo"

"No I won't ever let you go , listen to me " by now everyone was watching and being nosey.

"Let me go!" I tried to push him but he only hugged me tighter.

I calmed down as he held me , he pushed my head in the crook of his neck. He played rubbed my hair back "she is just a Friend from small soph "

I didn't want to believe him friend or not you don't have to be holding her hand. I know I sound jealous . But I guarantee you i am not jealous

I pushed away from him and picked up my bag." We just went for lunch "

I felt like an idiot

"Well fine then next time I'll go have lunch with Jeremy since you got company now" his face dropped at that as he stared at me I turned and went in his office to grab to the food . he tried stopping me from leaving " so that's how it is Sophia ?!" He asked angrily but then Jason ran in looking panicked " The building is on shut down" just then we heard the alarm on the inside ringing " what's going on ?"

"Robbers ....but these don't look like any robbers " I was looking at him confused.

"They got the tat" I see Aidens face harden "what does that mean ?" I asked

He sighed

"This means that these could be kings people "

How do you like it ?! Do y'all like this book ?! Please comment and vote please it'll boost my need to write more often but I am like soooo happy that I am clapping my hands !😂👏🏽 Thanks for the 1.3k reads I'm satisfied with that. Thanks guys! Much love.