Chapter 18

Chapter 18  

Maybe Louis little speech on the early morning in the deserted Los Angeles McDonalds got to the boys a little too much.

They were so into it, too into it. Josh woke up a little earlier than he would have liked one morning, finding Niall standing above him, eyes squinted, accusing.

“How do I know I can trust you?”

“..what?”

“You heard me! Tell me now Josh, if that even is your real name!” Niall pointed a skinny finger at the immensely confused drummer.

“It’s far too early for this,” Josh replied, rolling back over, “why did I get stuck in a hotel room with a nut case?” He mutters to himself. He hears Niall shuffling around their hotel room, he sighs.

“Mate? Liam? Niall here,” he lowers his voice to a level he assumes Josh won’t hear, “Look mate, we can’t trust Josh. There is something about him. He’s off… No I’m not insane! Yes I am taking this seriously. It’s his eyes, so blue but guarded. I can feel it, Liam.”

“I’m guarded because my roommate suddenly turned bloody mad! Jesus, Niall what are you going on about?”

“Liam? He’s onto me! Sleep with one eye open. I love you. Be safe!”

(This has happened many times to Josh, each time a little more aggravating than the next.)

--

“Did you see that guy? He looked, familiar. Not in the sense that I know him, But in the sense that he knows something..”

“Harry, shut up,”

“Louis! How could you be so blind?! He could be our key!”

“Harry, that’s the first time you’ve ever seen that man in your life and this is the first time we’ve been in Vegas since she left.”

“Look, the man just walked away, taking his knowledge of Sydney with him.” Harry snapped at Louis.

--

“Zayn, did you see that?”

“See what, Li?”

“Kyle, he smirked. But like a ‘I know something and you don’t you bloody pricks’ smirk.”

“Liam, eat your sandwich.”

“I’ve lost all appetite, that orange man in simply revolting.”

“You’re such a tosser,”

“Am not you twat! I’m just a little more observant and willing to get my friend back.”

--

But after a while, all that ended, and the boys took their task into a more professional perspective. (But since they were teenage boys, they never hesitated to slip on the best suits and darkest sunglasses, turning their fingers into guns.

“I’m Niall Bond,”

“’M Harry Bond”

“Zayn Bond”

“Liam Bond”

“And Louis Bond,”

“And we are,” the boys readied their best James Bond stance, “Bond Direction”)

They climbed onto the tour bus late one night, going to Kansas City from Vegas, Zayn-being the more observant one of the bunch- noticed a big white van parked at least 10 feet away from the massive tour bus. He pulled on the end of Louis jumper.