1. In the arms of an Angel

      In the arms of an Angel

(baby Clary)

Sebastian bit the inside of his cheek, gazing nervously at where he was sat at the table. His parents were talking to each other, tense, and Clary was playing with her food, completely unaware of the heavy atmosphere.

His father looked as composed as ever, while his mother looked like she was on the verge of tears. Her eyes were glossy, but her chin was held up, defiantly. "Mum?" inquired the boy, staring at her.

It had been almost a week since his dad had come back to live with them. Before his mother, Clary and him had left, his father had seemed crazy and dangerous to be around, but now, it was like his sanity had returned.

He looked down at Sebastian when he heard his voice, and a strange look passed on his face. His mother didn't say anything, as Valentine Morgenstern took his bracelet off his wrist and put it on Sebastian's. the boy lit up at that. He had always loved the bracelet that his father, his mother and their friends always wore, but had never had the courage to ask for one himself.

This caught Clary's attention. She frowned at Sebastian and held out her small hand. "I want it!" she whined, and her mother's chuckle sounded a little like a sob.

Jocelyn Morgenstern took off her own bracelet and handed it to the little red head.

Valentine smiled at her. "You are just like your mom, aren't you?" he asked her, and Clary smiled, all smile teeth and flushed cheeks at the almost praise. Her father eyed the food, that lay untouched on her plate and nudged it in her direction. "Come on, eat something, Clarissa." The girl puffed her cheeks, and Sebastian looked down at her with superiority. He was three years older than his three years old sister, and he felt like it mattered a lot.

Suddenly a howl rang from outside, a sound that made Sebastian and Clary shut their ears. Jocelyn's whole body gave a spasm, while Valentine tensed. The man took a deep breath and took out his seraph blade and put it on the table. He smiled at Clary. "Clarissa, why don't you and Sebastian go upstairs? Me and your mum need to talk about something quickly." He told her and the girl beamed.

She jumped off her chair and reached out with her hand to grab Sebastian. "Come on, Sebby!" she called, grabbing him and forcing him up.

Sebastian followed her up, slightly annoyed, and they closed themselves in their parents' bedroom. Clary immediately started rummaging through her mother's stuff, much to Sebastian's dismay. "Clary!" he hissed, but inched closer to where she was playing with her mother's jewels. There were two beautiful rings inside, both with the M of Morgenstern written on top.

One was on a chain, ready to be worn at a neck, and the other was obviously Valentine's. Clary put the first one on her throat, and handed the second to her brother, eyes shining. "We are Miss and Mister Morgenstern, the princess and prince of Idris." She informed him, and despite himself, he laughed.