Little Miss Clumsy™

"I wouldn't consider it as a tragedy,
it is more like a beautiful mishap."

I'm doomed, like literally. The bad luck has been released and then was glued to me since birth.

Bad things happen every single day but of course, there are good ones. Still, the bad ones overcome the good ones.

Today, I am late.. again.

You can't blame me, I wounded my forehead. It is because of some stupid branch, and that made me go to the hospital. It was deeply cut.

You might be asking a branch cut my forehead.

I'm like 6'1 for christ's sake. Blame my genes, just not me.

Then you guys will be like, 'Omg! How can a girl be like that tall!?' and 'You're so tall, do you know that?'. Why, of course! What do you expect me to think? You guys got smaller but I am still the same? Do you think it wouldn't be so obvious like I needed to look down just to look at you through our eyes? But to be honest, I would give you some middle finger if you guys won't stop.

I'm not that fit, though. I keep on hitting living and non-living things with my body. It often lead to accidents. Just like what happened to me earlier today.

Some people will be so proud if they have this kind of height. But no shit, it is not cool. I am really embarrassed with my height.

You easily get seen by people when you don't want to be seen. It is so hard to blend in. I can't even walk in heels! They even gave me some exception on our prescribed uniform. They often tease me so much. Trust me, you don't want to be tall like me. Even people depend on you because you're "tall". Apparently, their definition of tall is that you can do everything they can't with themselves. They often judge you for being dumb because you're too tall. Like no shit.

Did I do something that could possibly trigger this madness? No, right? They say I should consider it as a blessing but all it brought to me are bad luck.

"Sorry!" I said as I pass through the  busy pavement of New York City. It is already past eight. I sighed drammatically when somebody bumped me. We mumbled 'I'm sorry's then continued to walk.

I should get ready for my boss's lecture, then.

My boss is nice and has a lot of patience though they may come a time where he is on a bad mood and scolding me in the end. But he often let me pass because, they say, I have a huge contribution in the company. Oh, well.

I greeted Mariela from the counter as she returned me a nod. She's the only one who I consider as a friends. We chitchat during lunch break, she's very nice and cool, because she could withstand my awfully loud mouth. I only do that when I am already comfortable with someone.

I take a deep breath as I close my eyes.

Alright, this is now or never.

I guess bad luck wants my life ruined as I opened the door.

I don't get it why I got tripped for some reason and ended up my face on the floor.

"Ow." I mutter as I quickly stood up, dusting my clothes. I mutter some few incoherent words before readying myself to apologize to my boss.

But as I look up, a tall man looked at me in amusement which made me blush because he saw what happened. At least he is taller than me. He's like the same age as mine. I looked away because of the embarrassement I've got.

"Shit." I mutter as I pinch my thigh on the side.

I again looked at him while biting my lip. "May I help you?" I stutter out trying to be formal yet failed.

"Are you my dad's assistant?" A thick british accent echoed in my ears as I looked away from him while blushing.

Am I the only one who has a thing for guys with accents? Because if you are, congratulations.

Wait what? He's the heir? Well, not bad.

I cleared my throat as I shook away those thoughts as I stuttered. "N-no, I-I mean yes. Y-yeah, I am."

Why am I so awkward?

"Oh, good. Well then, my dad said I shall train myself so I can took over this business. Now, if you can help me to get started? He told me, you already know what you are going to do."

"I do?" I asked. Wait, what? "I-I mean yes!" I reached out to my pocket to get my phone. I got a message from his dad about his arrival.

I quickly moved towards his dad's table and arranged his appointments and papers.

"By the way, I'm Santino Villamercedes." he says as he offered me his hand.

I shakily shook it. "I am Stallion Castillo."

"Stallion?" He looks shock with my name.

Don't ask me why I got this name.

"But you can call me Lion, not the animal but the pronounciation is Leeyon but it is spelled as like Lion." I blush.

"Oh okay." He smiled at me with his pearly white teeth. "What happened to your forehead, though?"

I told him what happened while blushing.

"You did!?" He laughed as lean his head with his palm.

"Hey! Don't judge me and stop laughing." I say while laughing also at myself.

"So you're little miss clumsy, eh?"

"I-I guess." I blushed, again.

"I like clumsy people." I looked at him in amusement.

"Why?"

"Because I like it when I protect someone." He chuckles. "It's weird, right?"

"No, not really. I think it's fi-"

Bad luck kicked in.

In just a blink of an eye, I thought I was about to die. I thought I was about to fall on the floor, when I tripped.

But I wasn't.

This only mean one thing, Santino caught me.

I opened my eyes and I am greeted by a really beautiful eyes that I will never get tired to look at.

"Well, hello there, little miss clumsy." He winked at me while smiling with an amusement.

Now, this is what I call a beautiful mishap.