Big Bad Brad's Aftermath

"Guys! Guys! Mike called me, he said he was at the Pressman Hotel! We have to move quick, he sounded horrible! Oh god, what has Brad done to him?!" I cried out after running into the other guys randomly in the streets.

"Chester, calm down, let's go get him now." Joe said quickly, grabbing my arm and quickly pulling me in Phoenix's car.

Our drive felt like an eternity as my heart raced. My entire body was trembling and my energy was becoming drained from the rapid sobs erupting from my body. Every centimeter felt as though a thousand years had past. Rob had his arms wrapped around me securely as I cried into his shoulder. I tried to control my breathing but it continued to race.

We finally arrived and I darted out of the car and through the front doors. I impatiently asked for Brad's room number, knowing it's obviously be under his name. After receiving a seemingly slow reply, I went for the stairs. I knew I was too impatient to wait for the elevators. I ran up the twists and turns, nearly tripping over my own feet several times. Tears kept springing down my face as I finally made it to his floor. I scanned each door for his room number and quickly found it. I began kicking and shoving my light body weight into the door before it finally bursted open.

I rushed inside and saw a curled up body on the bed. This time, I slowly approached and saw Mike. His eyes were crusted shut and his face seemed as though he was suffering from a great deal of pain. He was clutching onto his legs as though his life depended on it. The dark blood surrounding his frame almost made me fall over from feeling weak in the knees.

"Oh my god, Mike!" I cried out, painful tears falling down my face. The rest of the guys came to the room and quickly gasped at the sight of their best friend. "Mike, please! Mike, wake up, please wake up!

"Phoenix, call 911!" Rob said quickly, surprising me. I knew him and Mike were getting along better but they still didn't seem to be on good terms. I began hyperventilating, falling to my knees and staring down at Mike's body.

"Chester, calm down, everything's going to be okay." Rob said quickly as I heard Phoenix on the phone with the police.

"Mike!" I cried and I felt Rob's arms circle around my waist.

"Chester!" Rob yelled, trying to lift me away from the bed but I gripped onto the blankets.

"Ch...Chester?" Mike's eyes slowly and painfully opened.

"Mikey! Oh god!" My voice cracked as I broke away from Rob and put my arms around Mike, seeing his eyes close back shut. I buried my face into his neck, more tears trailing down my face. I heard more people entering the room but I wasn't focusing on them.

"Chester, you have to move." Phoenix said firmly, tugging at my arm gently.

"Mike!" I croaked, hugging him gently but slightly tighter.

"Chaz, you need to let the paramedics get through!" Joe pitched in and I shook my head, not letting off Mike.

"I can't let go! Mikey, please!" I begged him to wake up but relieved no reply. Rob's arms went around my waist again and hefted me up in the air.

"Chester, we have to let them help Mike!" He said and carried me out into the hallway as I struggled against him.

"M-Mike..." I trailed off, letting my limbs go limp.

"Shh, everything will be okay." He murmured and let me down. I sat down and watched the paramedics begin to wheel Mike away. Phoenix and Joe coming directly behind them.

"We need to fucking find him! We need to find Brad! He'll pay for what he's done!" I suddenly shouted, anger for Brad coursing through my veins. I stood up, whipping away the roaming tears on my face.

"Chester, settle down. Okay, it's obvious you want to go find Brad. I'll go stay with Mike until he wakes back up. You'll need Rob and Joe with you." Phoenix said softly.

"I can do it alone." I said firmly, a slight growl finding its way into my voice.

"No you can't, you need them. Just go, go find Brad!" Phoenix said quickly, pushing my arm and Rob's at the same time towards the elevators.

"Phoenix?"

"Yeah?"

"When Mike wakes up, immediately tell him I love him." I said and went to the stairs again, not bothering to use the elevator.

Rob and Joe trailed behind me in silence before walking up to Phoenix's car. He'd be riding with the ambulance with Mike and had tossed Rob the keys. I sat in the passenger's seat and looked to Rob, who was glancing at me.

"Where are we going? How are we going to find him?" He asked and started up the cars. I sat in silence, thinking about all the places he could go.

"Let's go home." I suggested. "Rather, let's go to Mike's house."

Without another word, Rob began driving away from the hellish hotel that I'll never be able to look at the same way again.