Chapter 8. Searching For The Enemy

Hans POV

"Have you found anything?" I inquired.

The ones responsible for stealing our main subject will be legally handled. Or illegally handled. I could really care less what punishment the criminals receive. In fact, I'd prefer to handle them myself. In much less...civilized manners.

"Sorry Mr. Westaguard. I'm afraid I can't find a direct location. At least not yet" Alex, another scientist said.

I groaned in annoyance. That was the last thing I needed to hear right now. Not only did I want to get the criminals responsible, but I also wanted to make sure the public didn't learn about A.N.N.A and her true identity. After all, nobody was ever ment to know anything about her past. Except for me, and the scientists in control of her.

"If those kids learn ANYTHING, and I mean anything, they will be punished beyond all compare. Not to mention, the kids will probably be tell everyone about it. This company is based off keeping secrets from the public. Especially on our most prized subject" I growled.

"I understand, sir. But, if they do I'm sure we'll have them before then" Another scientist replied.

"Need I remind you, this company also can't survive without her. We rely on her for power. In fact, most of the city does! Without her, our entire business is in jeopardy! We're only running on back up power right now. That is only gonna last like..one more week."

"Don't worry, sir. We'll get her back."

"For all of your sakes, I hope so. Because you know what? If those kids aren't arrested, and my subject back where she belongs, you're all fired. Or worse" I threatened, storming off.

I don't play games. Anybody wants to stay on my good side. They do as I say, when I say it. One way or another.