Chapter 10

Slowly and slowly, the days went by and the guilt of not telling my friends about the Shortys was growing more and more.

Eventually I would have to but I didn't know how.

At lunch, they all started talking about it.

"I am so excited! I'm actually going to walk a red carpet alongside my best friends!" Jasmine said fantasizing the moment.

"I know! I have to find something to wear." Miranda said happily.

"Surprisingly, I'm pretty excited about it to." Violet added.

While they talked, I sat quietly chewing on my sandwich.

"Are you okay?" Jasmine asked with a concerned look on her face.

"I have something to tell you guys." I say with a sigh. I hesitated a moment before I broke the news. "I can't bring you guys to the Shortys."

"Why!?!" They all said in unison.

"I'm unfortunately taking Alexa and these two random girls." I say.

"You don't sound too happy about that." Violet says.

"I'm not but if I don't, I'll lose so many followers. Alexa is the source of all the people that follow me. I owe it to her." I sigh heavily.

"She's not the source of the video that got you nominated." Miranda says with an irritated tone.

I shake my head and lower it on the table. I felt bad but I couldn't just let go of something that has become so precious to me over the past weeks.

"Well take your so called friends. Kayla, that's really selfish after all that we've done. I cleaned up your vomit and let you spend the night with me after you got filthy drunk." Violet says and begins to gather her things off the table. Jasmine and Miranda did the same.

After my real friends left me to sulk at the table, Alexa walked up to me.

"About time they're gone." She says as she sits down next to me. "Want to come over my house to help me pick out a dress for the awards show?"

"Sure." I say. I had nothing else better to do and no friends to hang out with.
...........

After I returned home from Alexa's house, I decided to take a new approach at the situation.

I headed in the kitchen and turned to my mom and Claire.

My mom was preparing dinner while Claire focused on her phone.

"What if you got this really huge opportunity and you wanted to share the opportunity with the people you really care about but you also wanted to share the opportunity with some others that got you that opportunity. Which would be fair?" I ask in a rushed sentence.

"This is about Alexa isn't it?" Claire said.

"Kind of. She really wants to come with me but I really want to take my friends. If I don't take her, she's going to unfollow me and most of my followers will be gone. If I do take her, I have to deal with my friends giving me the silent treatment." I reply.

"It seems like you're stuck. I think you should do what feels right to you, honey." My mom says.

Great.

Why do parents put us in situations like this?!

A/N Vote and Comment!!

Finally done with my onceuponnow entry! If you guys want to read it, just go to my profile and you will see it. Hopefully I will be going on an updating spree and maybe starting a new story.

Maybe just maybe...