Catch Me, I'm Falling

PHYSICS (Or Newtonian Mechanics to be specific) would tell us that falling things fall at a constant acceleration of 9.8 meters per second squared. It is known to be a constant; nothing was yet reported to have negated that accepted truth in the field of science. No matter how high the point of origin of the object was from where it fell, still, the acceleration would be the same. Also, it would determine the pull of the earth, right? We multiply our masses by 9.8 to get our weight and vice versa, to get our masses.

But don't you see it? Love also has a constant rate of falling (not in a numerological sense, though). No matter how high or low, there is one inevitable universal truth that you have to accept. You lost the game. You fell for him/her. There. Is. No. Turning. Back.

And yet, there is that underlying difference. Physics wouldn't matter if there was an external force who would catch the falling object (as long as it would not affect the motion of the moving body). But no, love would be seen the other way around. It is of utmost importance that when you are falling, you should be caught. (And guarded in his/her heart. Okay, I sounded cheesy at that point.) If not, hah. Then the universe is playing that big trick on you. The odds are on you and dang, you scored the probability!

You may have many questions at this very moment, but there is this one request I ask of you.

Close your eyes.

Then remember that particular moment when you realized that you fell in love with that person. (If not, just think of the possibility.)

Did that person catch you? If yes, good. If no, well, we share the same sentiments.

We were being played by the universe. We scored the probability.

Don't you worry, I was there too.

He wasn't there to catch me when I fell.