Beginnings

"The sad story of our band began with my diagnosis of cancer-" Wally began.

"That's NOT how it started," was Dick's  interruption.

"Says WHO!?" Wally shouted.

"US!" Came the chorus of replies.

"It started with Seventh Grade Science class," Roy corrected Wally in a bored sort of tone.

"Wasn't it eighth?" Garth questioned in obvious confussion. 

"And it was English class!" Dick added quickly.

"No! Math!" Wally countered his friends with skill.

"You're all idiots, it was at lunch," Donna groaned tossing her hands up in the air. 

"Not Chess Club?" Garth asked once more.

"I never took Chess Club!" Wally exclaimed in defiance.

"Yes you did!" Roy told his fellow red-head.

"Nuh-uh!" Wally replied childishly.

"Yeah-huh!" Roy mirrored. 

"Stop acting like children! I remember clearly what happened..." Donna trailed off. 

~*~

Donna Troy was in love with music, it kind of saved her life. She hated it when her mother tried to shove her into mathmatics and sports, and all of that. She sighed, walking into the band room. Donna grabbed her flute from the shelves, and took her usual seat. She watched the band members walk into the room. 

Donna easily recognized most of them, Roy Harper, Wally West, and Garth Orin were the first ones she remembered, mostly because they all sit together at lunch, along with a choir kid named Dick Grayson.  

It started and ended, far too quickly for Donna's liking, and she and the boys met up to walk to their 5th Period together. 5th Period was Biology, a class only Wally and Garth were able to appreciate. The four saw their other friend, Dick, who smiled and waved at them. The teacher then instructed the class to line up and walk to the cafeteria. The class was fairly small, so they didn't make as much noise as few of the other classes.

Once they were all situated at their usual table, Roy began telling everyone about some crazy dream he had the night before. 

"We were in an RV, and then there was a huge fight going on outside, and WWally was throwing tacos at all the people outside," Roy explained. 

"Sounds like soemthing he would do," Dick joked, nudging Wally in the side with his elbow. Wally gave muffled shout of 'Hey!' around his sandwhich but no one acknowledged it. 

"Do you know why we were in an RV?" Garth asked with a raised eyebrow. 

"Uhhhh.... something about a band...." Roy answered after a moment of thinking. 

"That sounds like fun!" Donna grinned.

"I guess it does," Roy agreed. 

"Eh," was Dick's only comment. 

"C'mon, you know you want to," Roy smirked in a joking manner. 

"I like the idea," Garth commented making Wally smile and nod in agreement. 

"Where are we going to find guitars and microphones or whatever. We're 13!" Dick argued. 

"That's the fun of it, we just plan and say we'll do things, we don't actually have to," Donna explained. The thoughtful look on Dick's face made Roy hopeful, and then Dick gave a shrug of 'why not?'

Seven years later, here they are with thousands of fans, a few tours completed, some albums made, laughing over how they thought it would all end being a funny kid's thing. How wrong were they....