Prologue

A week ago, if someone were to have told me to value what I have, I would have blown them off. I really would have. I would have told them they were full of shit. I wouldn't have payed a thought to it.

Because a week ago, everything was different.

// \\ // \\ // \\ // \\

"So there's these two guys that walk into a bar. One, wearing a New York Yankee's cap approaches the bartender. The other, in a Dallas Cowboy's cap stands back. The one in the Yankee's cap cocks a smile at the bartender and bets him this: 'I bet you $1,000 that I can place one shot glass at one end of the bar and piss into it from the other end and not spill a drop.'" He bites his lip and tries his hardest not to laugh before telling the joke.

"So the bartender chuckles and says, 'You're crazy, but you're damn sure on.' The guy positions a shot glass at the very end of the bar, saunters the the opposite end, and unzips his fly. He then proceeds to piss everywhere-all over the walls, the floors, the bar-top, all over the bottles of booze, and finally the bartender himself. The bartender roars with laughter and tells the man to pay up. The guy pays up, laughing and smiling along with the bartender. 'What are you laughing about?' The bartender asks, "you just lost $1,000!' 'Well, you see that guy over there in the Dallas Cowboy's cap crying? Before we walked in, I bet him $10,000 that I could piss all over your walls, your bar, your floors, and you and not only would you not be pissed off, you'd laugh hysterically about it.'" And then he died laughing. He was reprieved of holding it in. He rolled across the floor, laughing and rested his head in my lap, staring up at me, still giggling.

At one point in time, I'd actually asked myself if it was actually necessary. All of the laughing, all of the goofing around. The immaturity that just about consumed his body. It honestly rarely got annoying. We all just laughed along with him.

In that very moment, I'd never once in my life considered cherishing the little things. I'd never had something so precious ripped from my grasp so effortlessly. Never once had I known true pain and true sorrow. Until the following day.

// \\ // \\ // \\ // \\

Oii, loves. c: Hope you enjoy. I'd posted this story a while back, but it's now updated and ye. I love you guys so much and I thank you each day for taking time out of your amazing and meaningful life to read my story. Ich liebe duuu. c:

~ Zᴀᴄʜɪᴇ ~