stereotypes

everyone has those moments. when you look at a person and think, that's wayyy too many tattoos, that little girl is for sure gona have a bad life, look at him he must be on drugs and/ or abusive. you know what im talking about. we're all guilty of it. that pregnant girl you see crying on the bus? she was raped, by a brother, an uncle, you don't know her story. the biker guy with the little blonde angel? he's a single dad who loves his girl more than the world. I am who I am, same as everybody else. skinny little white girl, off to a big city, with her boyfriend, who happens to have dark skin and is about twice her size. and why should skin color matter? because we're afraid of things different than us. if its different, or unknown, we don't like it, and we make up reasons why. see that big guy with all those tattoos and piercings? what do you think his story is? you don't know. you cant even imagine any ones story, until you've been where they have. guy in the bookstore in ratty clothes and broken glasses? he just bought his first book with money he earned. we're all the same, we're all human. we all have skin, insides, organs. we all breathe, we all take in air. we have dreams, hopes, and wishes. we all love, and want to be loved. don't treat anyone different because you dont know them.  treat them like a new friend. yes, there are bad people in this world, but we still don't know their story.