The Dream

Chapter 1

Before I was better. I made better decisions when I was with my true love. Until she left. Passed on actually. I had started drinking again, talking and going around with a different woman about every hour of everyday, or so it felt like. Actually there was this one day. No, nevermind that’s another story.
Tara was my soulmate. She was totally gone from this world. I first had tried to move on and settle back down with another woman, but I just ended up going around with many of the women I met. I had never seen her after she died. One of her friends found her. Dead on the kitchen floor. Supposedly. Her friend, Harley found her and gave me a very brief description: She was very pale, her pupils dilated, her hair all strewn out, in a mess on the floor.
My days had been filled with alcohol and too many women to count. Then one night I had a dream. I woke up the next morning weirded out by the dream. “Why did I dream that?” I think to myself I thought about what to do, then I figured it out and bolted straight for the phone book in the cabinet and looked for a psychiatrist. I ran my finger down the page, stopping on the first one. Dr.Tyler-Psychiatrist: 1-555-639-7724. I type in the number as quickly as I could read it. The phone rang maybe two times before a small feminine voice picked up “Hello?” 
“Hi, my name is Kasper Hannis. I would like to make an appointment with Dr.Tyler.” I say in my most monotone voice.
“Oh I’m sorry, sir. We don’t have any openings today.”
I sigh into the phone and say “When do you have the next opening?”
The lady answered back in her tiny voice. “Next week on Tuesday, at eleven-th-.” I by then had hung up and moved onto the next number. This also only rang twice before a energized and happy voice came onto the phone
“Hello, this is Dr.Geer’s offices, I’m Janice how can I help you?” She most likely said with a smile.
“I’m Kasper Hannis, I would like to make an appointment,” I say this looking up at the clock. Eleven o’clock now. ”Is there any way I could get an appointment for say eleven-thirty?
Janice answered back “No I’m sorry. I have an opening today at one. Does that work?”
“That’ll have to work. Thank you, Janice.” I say with a smile.
A few hours later I was in the car on the way there, thinking to myself.
What do I say? My consciousness was fighting with itself.
What are you kidding? Just tell the man about the dream. Literally is what these people are for. My more dominant consciousness laughs at my submissive one, when I pull into a parking spot, closest to the front door. My favorite spot. I hop out of my car and almost literally skip up to the large glass doors. I push my way through the doors into the lobby and see Janice behind the counter. I step up to the ledge to tell her I’m here. “Kasper is it?” She says typing into the computer.
    “Yeah, that’s me.”
She paused and peeked up at me, then lit up. “Oh hi,” She laughed nervously tucking the hair behind her ear. I laughed and nodded.
“Hi.”
She paused again kind of gawking at me, then like leaving a trance. “Um, yes. Go ahead and sit.” I laugh and take a seat. I end up seating myself next to some other female patients. We end up talking for a small amount of time, before who I believe is Dr.Geer steps into the waiting room, He’s thick older man, white hair and I bet if someone wanted they could dress him like Colonel Sanders.
    “Kasper?”
I nod and stand up, coughing back a laugh. “Yes that’s me.”
    I followed Dr.Geer back to his office, down the hallway that held an odd amount of inspirational cat posters. But we get back to his office and he gestures for the chair and he sits in his own and rolls it over next to the chair, I have managed to plop myself onto.
“Well I heard this was a ‘spur of the moment’ kind of appointment mister Hannis.” He said holding his pen to a notepad he had on his desk.
“Yeah,” I said back in a glum-sounding tone. “I had a dream.”
“Mhm,” He scribbled something down on his notepad. “Okay tell me about this dream.” He smiled sincerely and I began.