Chapter 4

It was three days before I returned to work. Which was just enough time to forget about my last patient and focus on my next one. Tobias Whale. While Gotham was home to many drug bosses and criminals of varying degrees of maliciousness, Tobias was one of the many I truly despised.

Not only has he gotten involved with high ranking criminals whose feud dates back generations, made of pure retaliation; but he takes charge in most of their illegal activities.

With pages and pages of research spread across my kitchen table I began my indulgence into this patient's history.

First thing that caught my attention was his general physical description, doctors depicted him as a man of about 6 feet 5 inches in height, weighing almost 400 pounds.

Good God this man was almost four times my weight and a whole foot above me.

Patients, especially men, who were physically larger than me have been known to use their strength against me. They tend to attempt to overpower me in conversation and steer it in the way they please.

My last session was still lingering in the back of my mind, I hadn't let a patient get that close to harming me ever, and this time would be harder to keep him under control.

I continued looking over his files for hours, examining every detail, taking notes on anything troubling, making plenty of phone calls to clear things up. I was relieved to get answers from Tobias' doctors themselves, instead of apologetic voices of their secretaries saying he or she is dead.

Another alleviating tendency I found with Tobias was he rarely became immensely violent with his doctors and nurses, only mainly with those he had a strong resentment towards.

With this in mind, I headed to work, feeling a tad more at ease with this whole situation, hoping that this time, the handcuffs would be slightly more secure than last...