My Demons

So I was just playing around on Youtube and I came across this amazing video. Link to it is up above. The video inspired me to write a story so that's what this is. I have always loved the concept of Darkiplier because it plays with insanity. As crazy as it might sound I have always been drawn to exploring the depths of what insanity really is. But anyways I'm rambling and you guys are here for a story.

Mark bolted up right from his sleep, brown eyes flying open. He could feel his heart still hammering in his chest as the last words of his nightmare echoed in his head, 'I'm coming.' Mark could feel the dark energy surging within him and knew what was happening.

A long while ago fans came up with this entity to explain why Mark sometimes acted strange. Darkiplier, as the fans had dubbed him. But what no one knew was that Dark was all too real. Mark had been struggling with his demon half for years now. It had been hard, but his fans kept him grounded. But with the sudden death of Daniel, Aaron, and Ken Mark was finding it harder and harder to keep Dark at bay.

He knew that this would be his last day of sanity. Dark had gotten too strong and Mark too weak to fight him off. He had to do something, he had to warn his fans of the coming storm. He only hoped they could forgive him for what he was going to do to them. Dark was determined to take everything Mark cared about and now he would get the chance. Mark sat in front of his camera and hit record, he knew he had to do this now, there was so little time left.

"Hello everybody my name is Markiplier and I have an announcement to make" Mark started out, "ever since the death of three close friends I haven't quite felt like myself. But my problems started long before that. For years now I've been struggling with the darker part of myself, you guys know him. After all you were the ones to give him a name. I've become too weak to resist him now, I can feel that he will that over."

Mark looked up so he was staring right into the camera as he continued, "Dark is dangerous and he will hurt everyone he can. Please after this video stay away from my channel. Please, I don't want him to hurt you guys. I'm not making a joke here either, I am very serious. And I am truly sorry for what I am unleashing on all of you. I hope you can forgive me. I don't know what will happen to me after this and I may never see you guys again. Know that I still care for all of you, which is why I am warning you now. Take care and thank you guys for everything."

As soon as Mark had uploaded the video he felt another wave of dark energy take over. He scrambled up and went to the bathroom. He splashed some water on his face and gazed at himself in the mirror. His reflection was a stranger, a shadow of the person he had once been. He was pale and sweating with dark circles under his eyes. The only bright thing about him was his pink hair, which looked out of place.

He continued to stare in the mirror as a thought came to him. It was of the one person above his fans that had managed to ground him and keep him sane, Sean. His thoughts were soon filled with the cheerful Irishman and he suddenly felt an extreme sense of regret.

Sean had been the one person in this world Mark cared about, had come to love. On the outside he acted as though he and Sean were just good friends, but in truth he had fallen for the other male. However Mark never confessed his feelings for fear of ruining their friendship. But now it was too late. Sean would never know his feelings.

As Dark was closing in on him he called out to Sean in his mind. He wished more than anything to have the other male here. Memories continued to flood through Mark's mind of every moment he and Sean had spent together. Every laugh, every touch, and every instant that Mark's heart had skipped a beat now flowed through his mind. It was all he could do to keep Dark from taking over.