Changes

Kyungsoo's Point Of View

"Don't let the kids know for now, hon. We still have our savings. The company also gave me some retirement allowances and insurances. Also, you do remember Siwon right? He's recruiting me for his new bussiness, it has a good prospect and can add to our income. I don't want Kyungsoo to quit college and Xiumin has to get his barista license."

Kyungsoo's grip on his mug tighten, as if his afraid that the glass of hot chocolate will slip off his grip, and breaks, and getting him caught for eavesdropping behind the wall.

Carefully, I moor closer to the wall of the living room, the place where we usually hang out together watching TV. From where I stand, I can see the serious expression plastered in both mom and dad's face, but mom still has her usual gentle and calm aura.

Mom reached for dad's hand, then looks at him in the eye. "We don't have to worry. We can live simpler life, and I'm sure you can take care of our family well. What I'm worried about is you. I hope you can relate with the choice your company makes, because the result--."

Dad caressed mom's hand gently. "Ever since the beginning, I already know the worst possibility. To be honest, I don't think this is fair, but we have to let things go and accept the fate. Maybe this is not the best for us."

Mom exhaled quietly, very quietly and heavily. Dad quickly reached out for mom, embracing her. "It's okay, don't let it affect you, okay? I'm sure we can overcome this as--"

"ACHOO!!!" Damn. What's the use of all that efforts when I can't even stifle my sneeze that is as loud as a freaking bomb in a battlefield?!

I quickly slapped my mouth and stands up straight, trying to act as normal as possible.

"Kyungsoo?" Daddy looked past the wall to find me standing there frozen.
Okay, I'm not some kind of veteran movie star that can act insane or cry without having to use eyedrops on my eyes or being poked in the eye, but right now, I have to give my all to this act. Even if I failed, at least I tried.

I walked past them as calmly as possible, even if I'm internally screaming. "Oh hi mom, dad, what are you guys doing here watching TV?" My parents eyed me weirdly. Crap, the TV isn't even on. I totally blew it up. They totally know that I was eavesdropping on their conversation.

"Why hot chocolate?" Mother asked.
"Huh?" I'm confused, what does that even mean?

Mom walked past me, walking towards the refrigerator. "Yesterday, your aunt Tifanny made you this strawberry juice, it's pink, yours and hers fav color." Mom showed me a huge bottle filled with a pretty pink liquid inside it. "Wanna have a sip?" She continued.

Aunt Tifanny lives nextdoor, she visits frequently, everyday actually. She likes experimenting with stuff, and strangely, it always turns out amazing. So, as her neighbour we're always blessed with her amazing treats.

Hmm.. I think they're not suspecting me. I nodded quickly then put my mug of hot chocolate then proceed to pour the juice into an empty glass. "There's no way I'm gonna reject her treats mum." My parents and I chuckled in unison.

Now I'm sure that they don't suspect me at all. "Mom, has my package from the online shop arrived yet?" "I don't think so." She replied not looking at me. I nodded slowly. It's unusual that the package hasn't arrived yet. It was sent using the fastest service but why isn't it here yet?