Child-like wonder

I'm running. I'm running as fast as I can. Mummy is crying in the house. I don't know what's happening. I'm scared. I'm alone because daddy isn't here anymore. He isn't here because mummy said he's gone to sleep with the angels.

And that's all I heard because a ran out the house before my mummy could catch me. And now I'm running as fast as I can.

My cheeks are all wet, and I can't see properly. I can hear mummy behind me, but I can't stop, because I know I can find daddy. Daddy is hiding. Daddy is playing hide and seek in the park, because that's daddy's bestest game. That's were I'm going because that's were daddy will be.

But then hands are around my belly, and mummys voice is in my ear. She turns me around and now I'm crying in her top. I tell her that I'm going to park to find daddy. I tell her that he is playing hide and seek. Mummy just hugs me and says she needs to tell me something. She says we should go home.

She then stands so she's carrying me in her arms like daddy does. She carrys me home. When we get there she goes into the living room. She sits me on the couch. Luke is sitting next to me. Luke is my twin brother.

Mummy then sits in frount of us. "Luke, Casey..." she says her voice is soft. I like mummys voice, it sounds like little bells fairies have. "Daddy isn't coming home."

"But why mummy?" Luke asks. "Why did Casey run away when she came downstairs? Why are you crying? Where's daddy?"

"Daddy has gone to a very special place in the sky, with his mummy, he's playing with the angels."

" So when is he coming back?" Luke asks, his face confused.

"Daddy isn't coming home sweetheart. He has gone to a very deep sleep and isn't going to wake up. I'm sorry son."

Then it's my turn to talk.

" He isn't gone. He's just playing hide and seek in the park. Isn't he mummy? I mean he hasn't left us."

"Daddy's left us!" Lukes crying as well now.

"Listen to me!" Mummy says. "Daddy hasn't left us on purpose. He's in a nicer place now where he can talk to his mummy, and the angels. He's in a place where he can drink all the milk in the world." Her voice is softer now "but I know that he loves you both very much, and is always going to look over you. And tonight, when it's dark, you will be able to see him."

"How?" Luke sniffles.

"If you look for the brightest star, that's him."

"Really?" I ask.

"Really!" She says. "Now you to get upstairs and go get some clothes on, they're laid out on my bed. We need to go see grandad Bernard and Auntie Lily. Okay?"

"Okay." We both say.

We then both go up the stairs.

Insted of going in his room Luke comes in to mine with me. He then just hugs me. And I hug him. And we cry and cry together. Then mummy is in my room. She saying we don't need to get changed. She saying that grandad and Auntie Lily is coming to our house. She hugging us tightly and my hair is getting wet because mummy is cring.

Then mummy lets us go because somebody is at the door. Me and Luke let go of each other and we go sit on my bed. Then we talk about daddy. We talk about when he lifts us up so we are very tall. We talk about playing hide and seek in the park. We talk about mummys and daddy's wedding when I was a bridesmaid and Luke was a paige boy. We talk alot.

We then both get sleepy. I tell Luke to stay in my room because I don't want to sleep alone. He does that. We both climb in my bed, and fall to sleep.

I dream of daddy and I dream of the park.