Thursday, March 31st, 2016

Sumika woke up late as always. She went to bed late the last night like every other night and she had a tough time getting out of bed. She got up reluctantly and peeped through her curtains. It was a dull, gray day and so she was even moodier. She got ready for school quickly as she was already running late. Sumika got out of her house and could sense a 8.37 mile-per-hour breeze going south. She could also tell it was about 56.93 degrees Fahrenheit at the time. People always found this talent of hers weird, and others found it fascinating. But, there was one person, one person that truly admired this ability of hers, although he never showed any sign of it.

Most of the school day went by as usual. Sumika almost fell asleep a few times throughout the school day and she passionately hated each and every subject. Lunch went by as usual, she showed-off her extensive knowledge of Pokemon to her friends and laughed at their inability to beat her. Sumika was also flirting with one of her close-friends, Nasif. Lunch always lightened up her mood as she felt free to do whatever. It was usually about as good as it good, she didn't expect much excitement from the rest of the day...

 It was usually about as good as it good, she didn't expect much excitement from the rest of the day

Finally, last period came along and Sumika got excited at the thought of getting out of school. It was essentially a free period, as they finished their classwork the last period when they were meant to have gym but they didn't. She spent the period talking with Nasif and flirting with him casually. Nasif, as always, acted ignorant and told her to stop and go away, but he knew well enough himself that he loved the attention. A little bit into the period, Gayhan came along and handed Sumika a note:

Dear Sumika -