Betrayal (R)

"What did you say about him?" E asked, anger blazing in her eyes.

I didn't do anything wrong. So I had no reason to be scared. But I was. She didn't have any reason to be angry either. But she was.

"I said he's not that fun" I said innocently, my naïve mind oblivious to the reason behind her anger.

"I won't ask you again. What did you say about J?"

Okay this was stupid. I already told her what I said. Was she deaf or something?

"I already told you, I said--" I couldn't complete the statement, as her palm came in contact with my cheek.

I held my cheek and stared back in shock. Why the heck did she hit me?

"You liar. You said he's not that fine" E seethed, anger and hatred seeping from her tone.

"B-but I didn't" I stuttered, surprised at the wrong accusations thrown at me. Well in reality, the boy we were talking about wasn't that cute. Scratch that, he wasn't cute at all. I hate calling people ugly, but he was that. Broad forehead, awkward shaped face, he was literally a Neanderthal.

Right in my face, people that had been there came in and lied in my face, their eyes never reaching mine.

E hit me. Kicked me. Pushed me to the ground. Hit me some more. Little grunts escaped my lips. My eyes were tightly shut as I absorbed the hits like a foam sucking up water. I didn't let any of it affect me. Not until She was called.

"Do you believe them?" I asked her, hoping for her to reassure me and tell me that she was on my side. Like she always was.

"I'm sorry, but this time I can't believe you"

Those were the words that shattered my whole heart. She didn't believe me? But she was supposed to. Even if no one did, I was counting on her.

I let all the tears fall out. I couldn't be strong anymore. There was guilt in her eyes, she was kinda forced. But why did she have to do it? She was meant to be a friend.

I vowed never to forgive her.

But it wasn't her fault. She was forced.

I lay on the floor crying. My life was fucked up. I hated it. I hated me.