Chapter 4: Reign

So, tell me why you're here today, Reign?"

I barely resisted rolling my eyes. I hated starting over with new therapists. The last one I had, Dr. Kleinfield, had been my therapist for three years before I had to stop seeing him. Somehow, he found me online and began watching my shows. That was creepy and humiliating as hell. I would have never known if he hadn't decided that he couldn't go another moment without sleeping with me. Needless to say, Dr. Kleinfield was no longer practicing and I was trying to find another therapist.

I glanced at the graying woman seated before me, waiting for my response. She had all of Dr. Kleinfield's notes. She knew why I was here. I said as much.

"What I want to know is why you are still coming to therapy? What are you still struggling with?"

"Dr. Warren, I'm struggling with everything," I answered honestly.

"Okay, let's start with your sister, ex-husband, and family. When is the last time you spoke with them?"

She just had to start with those backstabbing motherfuckers. I hated every last one of them with the exception of Grandma Shirley. "I haven't spoken to Royal in years. She's reached out to me but I can't do it. I speak to my parents usually three to five times a year. Holidays and shit like that. I don't have much to say to them either. As for Lucas, the last time I spoke to him was when we settled our divorce."

"Why can't you forgive them?"

I looked at that woman as if she had lost her damn mind. "Are you serious? I walk in my house to see my husband knee deep in my twin sister's pussy. Then he tells me she's pregnant, he loves her, and that he's leaving me for her. My entire family turns their back on me because, and I quote, 'You're strong, Reign. You'll get over this but Royal needs us right now. She has a new baby and husband to think about.' My father looked me in the eyes and told me that if I was taking care of business then my husband wouldn't have strayed."

I felt myself getting emotional and had to take a deep breath to get myself together.

"Is there anyone in your corner?"

"I have my friends. I've known them since forever. They've held me down throughout this entire situation. Now that Kingston's back things are feeling like they'll go back to normal...or at least a new normal."

"He's special to you."

"Who?"

"Kingston. I could tell by the way your face lit up that he's special to you. That's the first time you showed any kind of happy emotion."

I rolled my eyes as she jotted notes on her pad of paper. "It's not like that. He's just my friend. I don't think I want to be in a relationship with anyone. I'm still angry and bitter and broken over what my ex and twin did to me. Plus, I have secrets that I don't want to divulge."

Dr. Warren pushed her glasses up her nose and cleared her throat. "Ah yes, you're other career."

"If that's what you want to call it," I mumbled while shrugging.

"No one else knows?"

"Well, Alexandra and Sarai know but that's it. It's not exactly something I broadcast."

"Tell me how you got started."

I sighed and leaned back into the chair. "It all happened by accident. About five years ago, my divorce had settled and I got the house. That was the one thing we constantly fought about. Royal wanted my house and I was not about to let her have it. Anyways, I got the house along with all its expenses. My executive assistant salary was not covering all the bills and I was getting ready to lose my home. I was up late one night—drinking and dodging bill collectors—when I got online and searched for work-at-home jobs and cam modeling came up. At first I was apprehensive. Then I saw how much those girls were making and I immediately signed up. I was broke, single, horny, and desperate. That made the decision easier."

"Why are you still doing it?"

That was a good question. "I don't know. I guess I like the control I have over these men. I like the attention. I love the money. I like getting my rocks off without having to deal with the relationship bullshit. I want to quit but I don't want to quit. Kind of like how I want to forgive my family but I want to hate them at the same time. That's why I'm here. I'm struggling to figure out where to go when I'm so comfortable where I am."

Dr. Warren set her pad and pen down and smiled. "That's the thing about life, Reign. Right when you get comfortable where you are, it comes in and shakes things up."

Andthat was what I was afraid of.