The Science Came First

All of this was made possible by Scientist Anna Sylvia Everest, who discovered a chloroplast inflicted mutation in a man's skin in the late summer of 2087. The mutation consisted of Elodea and Euglena cells fusing and growing with his skin cells. He had originally scheduled the appointment to check his lungs because of odd breathing patterns. She had done an internal picture scan and it came back strangely. She discovered green skin in his lungs and when he breathed out, it was oxygen, NOT carbon dioxide. After several tests, he admitted to swimming a lot that summer and had never bothered to clean out his pool. He assumed that because he was the only one who used it that it didn't need to be taken care of unless leaves fell into it. What he failed to realize is that there was a unique type of moss growing at the bottom and sides of his pool. Due to this, his skin started to turn green and the many difficulties the man had to face made him believe he was going to die, all because he wouldn't clean out a stupid pool. Turned out, there were many different species and versions of those specific euglena cells all over the country. He was not the only one who's body was essentially mutating into a plant!! After years of research, tests, and interbreeding between the humans and the Plantaeus Sapiens, as the scientists called them, they ad come to the conclusion that this was not a dangerous mutation and that, In fact, many people could actually continue their lives normally. They would just have to alter their eating and bathing habits...quite a bit. They would still need to exercise because of the muscles still entwined in their bodies, but it would be much easier now that they had less and weighed less. Humans overall stopped being humans. Though, many full blooded humans still existed, many of the mutated beings believed that this was the cure that humanity needed. To just not be human anymore. I guess we needed the drastic change after being in war with most every country. Eventually the science of the prior named 'disease' became an intentional thing. It became a very known fact that this would be better for the human race.