Chapter 2: Friend or Foe?

I waked beside the guys in the dead forest. There were no animals....no buildings in the distance, just a wasteland, it made me wonder where these people could possibly life live in a place like this. Jake looked over and smiles at me when I catch his eye, Randy however glares daggers.

"Randy lay off." Jake says softy, a look passes between them and randy turns away from me. "Sorry about him." Jake smiles as he falls into step with me.

I nod and smile back. "Are you all friends?"

Jake nods looking at Gabe a ways ahead scouting. "Were all complicated, especially Randy. I can never tell what he's thinking...but I love him anyway." He laughs softly.

"You seem to be the peace keeper in the group." I comment looking around the empty landscape.

"Yeah...Randy's the one that riles us up to pick a fight...Gabe is the leader...the strategists." He responds brightly.

I nod, made since. Randy had and aggressive fire to him...while Jake seemed calm and collected...Gabe was a thinker now that you..think about it. Haha.

I saw a small camp ahead, with three tents, their camp probably. "Do we have to feed her?" Randy grumbled. He got a look from Gabe and Jake. "We have little food and an extra mouth to feed." Randy continues now glaring straight at me.

"We can manage, Randy you need to chill a bit." Gabe says, ignoring the sneer Randy sends, he quiets and walks away into a tent.

I being my hands together as they fix things around their make shift camp. I look up seeing the sun high, must be mid-day. I sign trying to remember my past, did I leave loved ones? Or was I alone?

"Stop thinking so hard and just live." Gabe says taking his tent down and rolling it up. I nod sitting on a stump, I see Randy come out putting his away, they must moving. "Randy you wanna scout ahead back to the village."

"Anything to leave her." He grumbles giving me a bad look he takes his pack strapping it on his back he walks away.

"Why dose he hate me so much?" Gabe shrugs getting his pack.

"He trusts very few people." Gabe explains as jake walks up with his pack.

"What happens when we reach your village?"

"You become one of us." Gabe smirks. "Your a pretty girl....our leader might want you."

I look down shaking my head. No one would own me, I would make sure of that. "Let's go so we can stay somewhat near Randy." Jake calls.

Gabe nods saying 'good idea' and starts walking. I don't mind that they totally forget me, I just follow like the lost outsider I am.

***

After an hours walk we make it to a neighbor hood, like a regular..only it was torn..a few houses stood. I was grabbed by Gabe he placed a hand over my mouth as we hid behind a house, a man with wings landed. He took a quick look around before leaving, into the sky again.

After he was out of sight, the neighborhood came to life, people coming out houses, I saw men that looked like fighters walk by, and sales people and traders.

"Wow.." I smiled at the kids running out the houses playing.

"Yeah..some of us humans survive this shit show." Gabe says walking ahead of me I follow seeing Randy.

"I was hoping the runt would die on the way here." Randy huffs.

"Ray Ray, don't be mean." Jake frowns. Making Randy sign, shaking his head he quiets walking with us. Now how did Jake do that?

We arrive at bigger house, going in the front door which two guards stood on either side motionless. We went into what looked like a living room area I looked up seeing a scary man walk in, he had scars from battle and an eye patch going across his right eye.

The first thing he did was scowl at me, his beast like eyes drilling a hole into me, if looks could kill, I would've been dead five seconds ago.