Chapter 1

Hazel' s POV

*ergh*

Why do I have to be up so early? It's only 6:30 am and I should still be in bed! But I am going home to see Helen so it's all worth it. Especially after what happened last night.
*checks phone*
Great now I have to deal with Ollie messaging me,
'I'm sorry about last night babe, please say we can still be friends'
There is no way I can face another episode like last night I'll sort him out when I get back right now I just need my family, friends and some space to clear my head.

~Plane Journey~

I turn to Jack who is sitting on my right and I get a glimpse of fear from his beautiful eyes. I don't mean beautiful they are just eyes for crying out loud! What am I saying?!

"Do I sense fear Mr Howard?" I'll keep it friendly, that should work. He turns and looks at me.

Jack seemed reserved "What, me?" He's putting on a brave front. Great.

"Well?" I'll bet he's never flown before. But why wouldn't he tell me before we got on the plane? "Are you scared of flying Jack?" I whispered in his ear. He'd kill me if the others found out so I kept the volume low. "You know you can tell me, I wont tell the others if that's what you're worried about"

His face started to relax and I could sense him feeling less tense about the situation, "Well not scared as such," he replied in a hushed tone, "Just a bit apprehensive, that's all. Never flown before so I'm... Yeah maybe... A little scared."

I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. This is a big deal and he's trusting me. He could've just told me not to worry about it but he trusted me enough to tell me. "I know how you feel," I'll loosen him a bit, "I still get scared sometimes but I'm more accustomed to the idea so it doesn't show that much, but what you're feeling is completely normal. If you want, you can hold my hand, if you need to." I can't believe I just said that. Why did I just say that? He will probably think I'm weird now. He- He's blushing and aww I did that to him...

"Thanks Chew. I appreciate it but I should be fine." As he said that I felt the rejecting pouring out of him. I'm so stupid I should never had suggested such a stupid idea!

"That's okay hun, the offer stands though." As I was saying that I glanced at his phone, he was quite obviously distracted, so I looked to see what he was doing. He was texting Dan... but why? Dan's only sitting the other side of me. 'Help me out mate I don't know what to do' was what the text read. Great. I've fucked up with Jack, I knew I shouldn't have offered to let him hold my hand but... he was scared and all I wanted to do was comfort him. His phone buzzed back rather quickly and to my surprise dan had already replied, 'Just go for it mate! I'm sure she's bound to feel the same.' Well that's confusing! What am I going to feel the same about?! Jack hadn't even replied and he phone buzzed again 'Just take up her offer and it might just end up the way you want it to ;) God speed brother'

What the he'll is that supposed to mean?!

"Please can all electronic devices be put on to airplane mode and safely put away until we have safely landed in Dublin. Thank you' Great. Now I'll never know what they were on about!