Forever And A Day

"Just let me in"I hammered on Ava's door,my fists aching from knocking.The sun started to burn on my back,my hair shielding my shoulders.

"No,I'm not coming to school"She shouted from inside,and I groaned.

"School's not on.I was wondering if you wanted to get something to eat,then go shopping?"I laughed as the door creaked open a little to reveal Ava standing there,a mess.

"Do we have to?"She mumbled,squinting her eyes from the sun rays.I crossed my arms across my chest,raising an eyebrow.

"Yes,we do.You have five minutes to get ready"I smiled,and she sighed,opening the door for me.I walked in,as she closed the door

behind us.

"One sec let me go get dressed and do my hair"She slouched up the stairs,leaving me standing awkwardly in the the hallway.When she was out of view,I shuffled around,my eyes drifting from every picture on the walls,to the ornaments that we're on the little table.

The pictures were of her family,all smiling and joking around,except for the last one.In the picture was her,her mom an her little sister,all frowning.Her mom had plastered a fake smile on,while her little sister had tears in her eyes.Ava was standing there,her face emotionless.Why?Because she said she had that picture done the day her dad had died from a horrific car crash.

"Ready"She snapped me out of my daydreams,and I looked over at her.She ha brushed her hair out,and thrown on a pair of shorts and a top.No makeup or anything.

"Lets go"I opened the door,holding it out for both of us.

"Did you get that boys number yesterday?"She winked,turning the lock before joining me at the bottom of the path.I shook my head,slightly embarrassed that she was asking me about someone.

"Dammit,he was H O T"