Chapter 1

Scarlett's POV

"Tempter..." said a voice in my dreams.

"Tempter..." The voice said again. I tried to reply but it seems that my voice was gone.

"Tempter..." The voice said again, but this time with anger. Before I could reply a hand slammed down on my desk pulling me out of my sleep.

"Scarlett Tempter! What has gotten into you?!" My annoying math teacher, Ms. Quincy asked.

"I'm sorry, miss... I've been awfully  tired nowadays..." I said with a fake Im-sick-please-forgive-me look.

My teacher who apparently was smart enough to graduate college and become a teacher, couldn't differentiate the real sick look from a fake one said "Well I'm sorry... Being a top student and maintaining your rank must be hard. You can get all the rest you want..."        

        "Thank you so much, miss." I said smiling. After that she never bothered me again. I know, I know... That the things I said were mean, but hey! I know you've thought the same thing about your other teachers.

Oh, how rude of me. I didn't even introduce myself to you. My name is Scarlett Tempter. And yes, you heard right, I'm a Tempter. Which basically means that I am a very rich person and a lot of stuck up people want to be friends with me because of that. Boys always want to get me in bed, but I'm not stupid enough to fall for their antics.

I heard someone whisper my name followed by a paper flying towards me and hitting me on my head, followed by a few snickers.  My head snapped towards the owner of the snickers. And saw my friend, Charlize Anderson. She did an I'm-sorry-but-it-was-too-funny gesture. I read the paper they threw at me:

                                                                    Hey Tempy, 

                                                            Wanna go to Daniel's later? 

                                                  We're gonna PARTY 'TILL WE DROP!!

 I looked at my friend and answered the paper:

                                         No... Don't wanna get hangover on a school night.

                                 Besides I already fell asleep earlier. Wouldn't wanna get in more trouble, y'know.                                                           

After answering I threw back the paper and continued minding my own business and sketching on my notebook when I suddenly felt something hit me lightly on the back. I looked back and saw Charlize staring at the paper near my foot. I picked it up and read the letter:

                                             Awww... But it's gonna be fun! C'mon Scar! 

                                  Have fun for once rather than staying in your house and 

                                                              just study like a zombie!

I looked at Charlize once again and whispered "Fine..."

"Ms. Tempter... Do you need anything else?" Ms. Quincy said once again with her annoying voice.

"Nothing Miss... I was simply asking around for an eraser." I said with the sweetest smile I could muster. She was about to tell me off for talking around when the bell suddenly rang. "C-class dismissed." She said with a sad look on her face.