The Original Rib (Folk Tale)

This story is in no way making fun or belittle the bible or God. My beliefs in no way show through this story. It’s just fiction and just for fun. Don’t take offense. 

   A long time ago there was a place named Unititopia where the people co-existed together. Everyone loved everyone and everything. There was no right or wrong love, whether it be man to woman, man to man, women to women, or animal to human. These loves were not looked down on but cherished. And the king of Unititopia relished this free love the most, for King Adam was married to a man named Steve. Adam and Steve loved each other and their land of blissfully happy people.

            There was unrest in Unititopia, for Steve had a sister named Eve who was extremely jealous of her brother’s love and wanted Adam for herself.  So she plotted to get Adam’s affections to turn away from her brother and onto her.

            She finally came up with an idea that she thought was bullet proof. She called for her brother and asked him to fetch some silk fabric so she could have a dress made. The silk that she needed was a ways away and would take a fortnight to receive. Steve loved his younger sister and would do anything for her, so he set off for said silk.

            The day after Steve left the kingdom, Eve snuck into Adam and Steve’s bed chamber. She wore nothing but a white gossamer gown and lay out on the bed. Eve was the fairest woman in all of Unititopia, with her long flowing golden hair, sparkling blue eyes and creamy white skin; she knew that no man could resist her. She was baffled that Adam hadn’t noticed her before. She figured that it was because her brother was always around and Adam seemed so in love.

            Eve had been waiting a while when Adam finally retired to his room and found her lying on his bed. He was in utter shock and turned his back to her fast before he saw too much.

            “Eve,” he said. “What are you doing in our bed chamber?”

            “Don’t you see Adam? Don’t you see how we’re meant to be together? The love you have with Steve isn’t anything like the love you can have with me. We can have children Adam, we can be a united family,” Eve said. Adam was shaking his head before she even finished.

            “Eve, I’m in love with your brother. There is nothing that you could do to make me stop loving him,” Adam said and then sent Eve out of his room.

            Eve was never the type to take no for an answer. So she paid a maid to go to Adam and say that she and Steve had been together. She sent the maid into the throne room to tell him. A few minutes later the woman ran out of the room in tears. Eve was going to follow the girl when she heard Adam call her.

            He said he knew that she was behind the lie. He said the maid confessed and told him everything.

            “If you try anything else, you’ll regret it,” Adam scolded and went about the rest of his day counting the days until Steve would be back at his side again.

            Eve was infuriated. How dare Adam not want her? How dare he not be so infatuated with her? She’d fix him, she thought.

            The next morning she travelled to the dark depths of the forest to find Serpenta the witch. She told Serpenta her predicament and the witch nodded.

            “I have just the thing,” she said and went to a shelf filled with vials. She grabbed this and that and stirred it all up in a giant caldron. She said some mysterious words that sent shivers down Eve’s spine and then pulled an apple out of her caldron.