Chapter 2: From 29 years old to 10

My footsteps slowed, my movements smaller. "W-What?" I looked down and saw my now lack of feminine features. My hips and bust had flattened significantly and my hair flowed past my shoulders. I was still me, not now me anyway. A male ran in front of me. "Satoru! Megumi! Hurry up, you're going to be late!" I turned to see a mini human, as we approached wherever we were running.

I heard him gasp beside me, his words audible. "1988 Ice Hockey..." I looked up. Mikoto Elementary... In turn, all my elementary years returned to me. I remembered everything that happened in the short time I was at Mikoto. Kayo Hinazuki was found dead in a park, brain dead. I always liked Kayo, but I never got the opportunity to befriend her. Satoru Fujinuma blamed himself for her death. Saying that he could've prevented her death if he had only talked to her in the park.

My mother moved us away from Mikoto, wanting us to be as far away from the murder as possible. That was before she died. I recognised the boy now. "Satoru... Fujinuma..."

He turned towards me. "You're... The girl who gave me her number at the pizza place." I nodded. Realization flashed in his eyes and he gasped. "Megumi Minamoto?" I nodded a second time. "It looks like we're not in 2006 anymore..." I mumbled. "You... You experience revival too?"

"Yeah. I've been trying to find someone else like me for 18 years." He was about to answer, when a voice I didn't recognise, yelled out. "Satoru! Megumi!" We turned and saw group of guys.

I recognised the blonde, I think his name's Kenya. Also, someone who looked like a girl. Hiromi Sugita. "Did you guys get your kanji done?" I shook my head, acting. "No. Mum asked me to help out at her work since Elliot had 6 hours' worth of homework." I remembered all of a sudden, the situation like déjà vu to me. Satoru looked at me, surprised at my sudden change of attitude.

"Really? You're going to have to give Sensei another note again!" I chuckled nervously. "Maybe... Satoru, what about you?" I nudged him, indicating for him to act. Satoru nodded. "Mmm. I did."

His premature voice sounded so different to the one I'd heard before. "Come on, if we don't get in quick, Sensei will be mad!" We ran into the classroom, Satoru gazing at me intently. "Satoru, Megumi! Hurry up and sit down in your spots." It seemed natural for me, I remembered where I sat in an instant but Satoru seemed confused. He stumbled around the class, looking for his seat and people giggled. I indicated at his spot next to mine and he sat. We gave each other a knowing look, indicating that we'll talk later.

I looked up at our Sensei as he called out my name. "Here." He nodded continuing the roll. I looked around the classroom absentmindedly and saw Kayo. To the untrained eye, she looked like a bored Fifth grader in a classroom, but I knew different. I studied child psychology at University for four years. She had a certain look in her eyes, one that a happy child could not possess. She forced herself to smile, trying not to let herself cry in agony.

I noticed the bruises and scrapes, poorly attempted to be hidden behind hair and clothes. Slightly determined, I looked away making a promise to myself.

I'm not going to let this happen to Kayo. It's up to me and Satoru to save her as only we know the truth.

"Megumi-chan!" I broke out of my inner monologue and looked at Kenya. "Yeah?" I smiled, as a ten-year-old girl would. "Are you alright? You've been staring at Hinazuki for a while." I flushed, embarrassed he'd caught me. "Yeah, I didn't mean to stare at her... I was just thinking..."

I promise you, Hinazuki Kayo. I'll save you fromyour mother AND the murderer.