Prologue

Stars reigned over the sky, brilliantly lighting up the barren desert. They were the kings of this land, and no one else was. Not the sun, not the clouds. Not the scorpions or the shrubs, but the stars. A dazzling array of light from distant solar systems, showing just how large the universe is.

They even ruled over the small town of Etrar. This small town rests in the endless sands of the Sonoran Desert, which is located mostly in Arizona.

Its a diverse desert, with a variety of unique species trying to survive in a world where sand acts as the ground and the sun beams overhead.

But now, it was the chilly night, where the large moon has taken the place of the Sun. The chilling wind keeps all of Etrar's residents laying on their uncomfortable beds inside their houses.

Thin walls only blocked out the cold of the desert night, and now that was about to change.

For the walls will become thinner and thinner, until they're burned down to the ground. Men hosting black armor and silver masks, mounted on horses, ride closer and closer to the outskirts of the city. The distance thinning between them and the city by the second. They carry torches in one of their hands, while the other grips a revolver. Leading the horse pack, is a young teen. He can't be more than thirteen. He has brown hair, and cunning eyes. His face reads of experience and intellect, but his young age would make you think otherwise.

They reach the edge of the city, where the closest house is only a few yards away. They weren't quiet, and they didn't need to be, as they withdrew from their horses. Their boots thudded on the thirsty, dry ground.

The boy's eyes gazed over the town, wandering and full of wisdom, like someone who knows the meaning of life as we know it. It was strange, a young boy leading a group of full, grown adults. That's not the most unusual thing in this world, though.

"Are you ready Orion?" One of the soldiers asks him. Orion silently nods back at him.

The group charges into the town, but only one child was present in that town. A young girl, lying in her baby crib. She was tiny and frail, a newborn.

Torches touch to wood as energy and flame moves through the town. Their hands cause the torch to hit the houses, and the fire spreads to the house. Thin walls burning.

They scavenged houses, but only found adults. They shot all of them, or left them for the fires to finish off. They had gone through all the houses, which were completely ablaze. Heat radiates from them and the whole city. Their job was almost done. Almost.

They rush inside the final house, where the baby's cries echoed through the desolate valley. They grab the young girl, victorious in scavenging the town for children. Just one to bring to Reyon was a success.

Orion grabs the girl from the crib and rushes outside. He looks into her eyes, puzzled. "What shall your new name be, young one?"

One of his soldiers rushes up behind him and exclaims, "Sir! This mission was a success, the torches made it spread like wildfire."

Orion's eyes light up, like he just got an idea that was great and world-changing. He looks at her crying face and smiles.

That's it." Orion says. "You're name shall be Wildfire."