3.

Edit: please comment I'm desperate

3. Yellow Post-its & Headaches

Everett handed me a glass of water; concern written across his face but not commenting on my physical appearance. Instead he asked me how my day was despite it being one in the morning, ignoring the dried up blood glued onto the back of my hair and my bruised knuckles.

"It's been a long day" I managed to choke out. He gestured towards the glass of water and I drank it happily, glad to have someone who is willing to not ask questions and simply just be there. "There's school tomorrow you should head to bed."

He raised his left eyebrow, "you're gonna go to work in that condition?"

I shook my head and regretted it after. The pain at the back of my head felt more than just a normal injury but I couldn't find the confidence to ask Everett to confirm my suspicions. "I'm gonna take a day off from teaching and rest" I answered. He seemed satisfied with my answer and left with a short nod of his head, closing the door shut behind him.

I decided to take a quick shower before going to bed myself, and left my bedroom only to find Grandfather strolling the hallway.

"Cassandra there is something off" he said walking back and forth, his cane hitting the floor with every step his bare feet made. "Something doesn't feel right" he murmured and turned to look at a empty space in the corner of the hallway as if someone was actually there. I took a step toward him and he quickly turned to face me. "Oh it's just Hunter" he laughed, "Cassandra, it's just Hunter."

"Yes, it's me" I said approaching him, "do you need help getting to your room? Have you forgotten where it is?"

His eyes scanned over my figure, taking in my appearance before opening and closing his mouth, trying to say something but having a hard time finding the right words to do so. "What happened to you" he finally asked his skinny hands reaching out to me and resting on my shoulder. I made a mental note to remind myself to find time out of my day to make three meals instead of only breakfast and dinner.

"My friends and I had a little disagreement" I lied, in an attempt to prevent Grandfather from any other further stress. He looked unconvinced but didn't comment on it and instead removed his hand from my shoulder and looked back to the corner where I suppose his imaginary friend Cassandra was. "I think it's about time you head to bed now" I said trying to bring his attention back to me.

"Of course" he said a smile on his face, replacing the troubled expression he had on a minute ago. I grabbed onto his elbow to help him to his room but he shook me off. "I can get to my room by myself."

I nodded in understanding and made my way to the bathroom to take a much needed shower. The shower then turned into a self pity session which made it longer than I had originally intended it to be. There was something about the hot water and the foggy steamed room that welcomed over thinking and of course the first thing to make its way into my thoughts was Crow and the failed kiss.

I tried again to remember the vision I had when I kissed him but nothing came to mind except for the feel of his lips which only managed to aggravate me more. It should be the very last thing I remember.

By the time I came out of the shower it was around two in the morning. My head was throbbing and all I wanted to do was sleep, so that's exactly what I did next. I didn't get to sleep for too long because Everett has a bad habit of making a lot of unnecessary noise in the morning. I tried going back to sleep but the sounds of pans dropping on the hardwood floor was enough to get me out of bed.

I made my way to the kitchen to find Everett making a mess. There was a cracked egg splattered on the floor, and plates and bowls scattered all over the counter. He turned around to face me, a small humorous smile plastered on his face, "I was trying to make breakfast but it wasn't going so well."