chapter one

enjoy :D

Sparkling eyes were one thing I would never forget about him. He always had this grin on his face and held my hand tightly. Whenever I was upset, he would sing me a lullaby.

"GO! RUN!" A hoarse but loud voice screams at me, as tears form, running down my face. I watch him desperately tries to escape, but fails, a scream filling the air.

My eyes open with a shock, unable to move for a moment. I touch my perspiring forehead and shake my head.

"Time for school," I mumble to myself, getting out from the bed. Putting on my school uniform, I take an apple with me and puts on my shoes. "Ugh! As I thought, my shoes are too big for me!"

It's already the second term for school, and I'm a first year in high-school. I moved to a country-like city, although there are a lot of shops, etc. It's just that everyone knows everyone unless you are new. Like me.

The city is small, and consists of one large shopping mall. There are little shops you can pass by, but it isn't enough. There are only 3 schools, and each is the average amount of 400 people.

Crunch. Munch. Munch.

I take a bite out of my sweet, juicy apple and check the time. My eyes widen, as I position myself for the best jump ever!

"ALLLRRRRIIIGHHTTTT!" I yowl at the top of my lungs, going maximum speed to get there. "HERE GOES NOTHING!"

Glancing at all the people around me, I friendly say a good morning and continue. Being late is a no-no, especially since we have an entrance ceremony today.

"WAAH, we thought we lost you!" Charlotte cries, trembling as she holds my shoulders tightly. "We thought you died!"

"What?!" I cover my mouth, looking at Isabella with sympathy. She rolls her eyes, looking away.

"She's joking," Satsuki assures me, and I sigh of relief. Taking Charlotte's hand, dramatically I look into her round, small eyes.

"CHARLOTTE!" I call out randomly, trying to make the best serious face.

"Y-YES!" Charlotte yells back, her eyes twinkling of excitement. I gulp, breathing heavily.

"I AM BACK FROM THE DEAD!" I sing, my tone as sad as possible. Her mouth opens and she leans back on the wall.

"Ho-How?!" She says admiringly. I swear, I thought I saw tears flooding down her face right then.

"Anyways," I ignore her, brushing past her shoulder carefully. "I'm going to join the volleyball club."

"Eh? At the second term?" Satsuki says in surprise after I announced it. "It's probably too late,"

"NO such thing!" I exclaim, trying my best to not beat them up. "You haven't seen my skill yet." I said it too cockily; my friends raise their eyebrows, unsure if they could trust me. I gulp nervously.

"Let me join you, Daiyu!" Charlotte puts up her hand and I giggle, covering my mouth.

"Charlotte, you are too cute!" Biting my words of bitterness, I agree, unable to defeat the cute smile she had on.

~*~*~*