Introduction

Welcome to my world

Sleeping has never been my strong suit but I feel as I get older the harder it becomes. Especially sense we can back up north. I loathed being up here before but this time was different. I don't know how much longer I can take this.

The feeling of drowning overcoming me once again as I lay there in a nearly silent room. Crickets were chirping outside as I stated at the ceiling blankly waiting for sleep to take over. I should know better than to wish for things that were never going to happen. Especially while Andrew slept in the room next to mine. Well I could only hope he was asleep at least.

Grabbing my phone out of boredom and clicking the screen only to see what I had expected. No notifications as normal. My best friend had gone to sleep long before now.

Maria goes to sleep pretty early considering she's a senior in high school and does a half day work release in the morning where she goes to the special needs school down the road. I personally hate kids so it probably wouldn't be the job for me but as long as she's happy then that's all that matters. I love that girl more than I love myself and honestly I thank her all the time for always being there and putting up with my incompetent self. One more thing about her though. She is about as lesbian as it gets. I know that's not usually the first thing you try to throw out there about someone but when it comes to Maria, lesbian is always the first word that everyone says. Even her herself. Not in an offensive way or anything just simply saying the talk sarcastic brawd had no problem flaunting her sexuality with her short spiked blonde hair, boyish dress, and her 'I could care less attitude'. None the less though I loved her. She will always be my best friend.

Scrolling through multiple apps on my phone finally before landing myself on Twitter I was in peace for a few moments before I heard the creaking of the door across the hall.

My mind when blank and I clicked off my phone sinking back into my comforter. Closing my eyes I knew who it was already. Just another night I'll spend wonder why I can't do anything to help myself. Feeling my throat tighten as I sunk into a mindless whirl of thoughts. Squeezing my eyes shut before I felt my throat tighten and then. He was there.