Chapter I

Maia's P.O.V

The bell signalling the start of lunch rang and the sound of chairs scraping against the ground filled my ears. I felt a hand tap me on the shoulder, I turned around to be faced with the awkward yet cute smile of Zach,

"Hey, Maia" Zach said, scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh, hey Zach, what's up?"

"Urrrr, I was err wondering if umm you would like to ahh..."

I smiled at his ever growing blush and took over "Of course, where and when?"

"Oh, thanks, erm the Diner on Free Street at 18:30?"

"Yeah, sure, see you then, looking forward to it!" I gave him a wink and his shoulders slumped in relief but his cheeks retained their rosy colour.

I began walking towards the cafeteria and caught sight of Tristan leaning against the lockers. As I approached him, I saw him talking to David one of players on our football team. I came up behind Tristan and David excused himself.

"What up Tris saw something you like?" I teased, pinching his cheeks.

"Stop it, and in answer to your question no. David was asking about homework." He replied swatting my hand away.

"Suuuure," I reply swinging my arm around his shoulder, chuckling as we made our way to the cafeteria.

**********************

Walking up my drive I notice my mum's car parked out front which surprised me as I would have thought she was in her office in the city. I fling my bag in the corner of the hall as I make my way to the kitchen to get a snack.

"Hello Maia, how was school?" my mum said perched on the island in the middle of our kitchen.

"Good, um not to offend you or anything but, uh why are you here?" I asked suspiciously eyeing her like some sort of inspector.

She giggled that annoying nasal laugh, "Oh! Right, Alpha Blake's son has come back from his travels and a party is being hosted in his honour at the pack house this evening at seven."

"WHAT, NO! Mom I have a date tonight, I can't come. I refuse to go to some stuck up alpha-to-be's party when I don't even know him!"

"Maia Sierra Romano! This is the future alpha we're talking about, how dare you disrespect him! You will go to this party even if I have to drag you there myself!"

"Well it looks like that's the only way you're gonna get me there!"

A/N:

Hey!! This is our first attempt at writing a book on wattpad and we hope you like it! It would mean a lot if you could vote and comment any tips or stuff, or just your opinions in general!

Angie and Azalea💕