Chapter II

Chapter II

I let out an audible sigh as I look over my appearance in the mirror by my bathroom. I'm wearing a white lace crop top with long sleeves and high waisted black hot pants paired with black vans and no makeup besides a few strokes of blush and mascara. My hair is in a high pony tail for minimal effort.

"Maia, Zach's here!" my mom's voice rang in my head. I had just about convinced her to let Zach come to the party regardless of him being a human.

"Coming," I reply and literally run downstairs.

"Hey Ma- wooaahh." To say his eyes bulged out of his head would be an understatement.

"Thanks you don't look to bad yourself Zachy boy! Loving the white shirt." I sent him a wink and of course, in classic Zach style he blushed.

Right well, we don't have much time to stay here because we're already late and all so I'll just get my mom and we can go. MOM LET'S GO PICK UP THE PACE!" I yelled, startling Zach.

********************************************

The music from the pack house was blaring so loud it even made us in the car shake slightly. After warning Zach to stay close and not leave my side to wander off, we both entered the house.

"C'mon, I hear its quieter in the back yard." I yell into his ear. As we walk (more like push and shove) through a mass of sweaty bodies and barley covered chests, I get a whiff of peppermint and melted chocolate which stuns me.

"Hey, do you smell that?" I ask Zach as we step outside.

"Maia if you mean the stench of sweat then yeah!" he laughs and I shrug it off as the cool air fans my face and the music becomes slightly audible.

Me and Zach ended up talking about a lot of things and it wasn't awkward at all. Each topic lead into another and all we did was laugh. It must have been half past three in the morning but all of a sudden the smell of chocolate peppermint suddenly intensified. When the smell was just to intoxicating, I excused myself politely from Zach and stepped inside to find out what it was.

The smell lead me into a game room that branched off from the kitchen. I opened the door curiously and inside stood three, quite handsome men around a pool table. The forth stood out to me the most. His hair was messily gelled back and was only wearing jeans with no top whatsoever! His piercing blue eyes met mine and I could swear that the other three weren't even present in the room.

"MATE! MATE! MATE!" my wolfed howled and jumped around in excitement. A look of satisfaction and joy went through his eyes but it was soon gone as one of his cleared his throat. That snapped me out of my daze and I dragged my eyes away from his to see his friends leaving the room. Just as I was about to leave to pick up Zach, I heard a deep growl that stopped me in my tracks and sent unpleasant shivers down my spine. I turned around to see my mate stalking towards me. He cornered me by the door and leant forward, his breath tickling my ear.

"Hello, mate..." he whispered.