Chapter 2

Lauren's P.O.V

It's been 2 days since Leilani was born and she is the one of the best things that has happened to me and Ethan. I can't wait to have a family with Ethan.

I love the idea of watching Leilani growing up! Leilani was in the little box and Ethan was in the chair next to me. We have to stay in here for 2 more days.

I was looking at my beautiful daughter and so was Ethan. (Pic above) I smiled and kept staring. I look over at Ethan and see him looking at Lei (Leilani's nickname).

He was smiling and that made me smile even more. I started feeling dizzy but it wasn't that bad so I shrugged it off and stated talking with Ethan.

"Hey Eth?" I said "Yep?" He said looking away from Leilani. "Do you know why I'm so lucky?" I said. He laughed, "why?"

"Because I have a beautiful daughter being raised with the help of all of the people I love and her father is the one I love the most and I'll never leave him. That's a promise." I replied.

"Well I totally agree, but I'm lucky because I have the best life a man could ask for, including the most beautiful daughter and the most beautiful wife."

I scooted over and patted the bed signaling for him to come cuddle with me. He got up and we guys cuddled. We had little chats while Leilani slept.

Ethan was telling me about how he is going to be there for the baby and me when I felt more dizzy and I couldn't keep my eyes open.

"Ethan, Etha-" I had to interrupt him. He looked down "what?" I couldn't reply I felt too weak. "Lauren? Lauren?!"

Ethan's P.O.V

I was telling Lauren about how I am going to be there for the baby and her when she said my name really faint. "What?" I said. No reply.

"Lauren? Lauren?!" I started to panick I sat up and she was limp and I checked for any signs of breathing. It was very faint. I looked at her heart rate and it was very slow.

I screamed for a doctor. "HELP!!!! SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!" I had tears in my eyes. A doctor came in and checked her out.

"She's barely breathing. WE NEED TO TAKE MRS.DOLAN INTO SURGERY RIGHT NOW!" He yelled for nurses. He started pushing on her upper and lower stomach.

While I held her hand crying. The nurses came in and hooked Lauren up to all kinds of machines and stuff. His eyes got wide.

"I've got internal bleeding. We need to get in the O.R right now!" I heard the flat line sound and panicked and cried even more praying that she will be alright.

Someone started giving her CPR and then had to get on the bed and straddle her so they could wheel her out to the O.R.

I stayed with the bed until they said "Sir, you can't come back here. Please wait here until we are finished.

We will do everything we can to save her. She will be fine." I stayed out. I remembered about Leilani and I ran back to the room.

She was crying and I picked her up and rocked her back and forth. "Shhh. It's ok babe. Daddy's here. Mommys going to be perfectly fine.

I promise. Please don't cry." I whispered to her. She started to calm down but I couldn't. When Lei-Lei fell back asleep.

I asked the receptionist to call everyone that was in the lobby when Leilani was being born. She agreed and to telling them what happened.

I was trying to hold back the tears but I couldn't. She had to be there for Leilani. We had to be there for each other. She has to see Lei grow up.

After about 1 hour after they took Lauren in, the doctor came back with blood all over his scrubs. I thought the worst. "No. No. No. No!"

I said while he was walking towards me with sincerely on his face. I had burst into tears and held Leilani as close to me as possible leaving no space between me and her.

"Mr.Dolan," "Please, no." I said with billions of tears streaming down my face. "I'm sorry. We did everything we could. She had internal bleeding from having the baby, it wasn't anyone's fault.

This happens actually quite a lot." "THATS WHAT YOU ALL DOCTORS SAY!! IM SURE THERE WAS SOMETHING YOU COULD DO!! YOU COULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING FOR HER!! WHAT IS AM I GOING TO TELL LEILANI WHEN SHE ASKS SHY SHE DOESNT HAVE A MOMMY LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DOES?! AM I SUPPOSED TO SAY, "OH HONEY, YOUR MOM DIED BECAUSE SHE HAD YOU. DONT WORRY! ITS NOT YOUR FAULT!!"

By then everyone was looking at me and I felt barely any relief. Only because I got my anger out. I ran my fingers through my hair and as the doctor was walking away, I say "Doc? I'm sorry."

"It's ok. But there was really nothing we could do. Her blood would not clot but if it would have, she would be with you today." He replied.

He came in close and told me, "But even though Lauren's not here, you take care of this baby. It's what she would want you to do. It's the right thing to do.

" I nodded and looked down to Leilani she was awake and crying again. I calmed her down again. "I'm sorry Lei. I promised you that she would be okay.

That's just what I needed to hear, that she was okay. I'm so sorry baby." I'm the only parent that she had left.

I hope you like it so far. This might be a long chapter because there is a lot that is being planned out right now so.....😏 Awesome chapters coming right up!