The Meet

I checked my phone for probssably the thirtieth time that night, waiting for a reply from him. "this is pathetic," I thought to myself. "Common man, you're an independent black woman who don't-," I was cut off by a ding, indicating a message. I instantly smiled, I was sure it was him, who else would text me? Sure enough it was. The text read "I can't wait to come see you in just 2 days. It's unbelievable how time has slowed." I couldn't believe how incredibly nervous I was. From the moment I met him I knew he was one I had to never loose. He's held the longest internet friendship being two years. I had so much trouble opening up to him, I wanted to, I just never knew how. Once I did open up, I was terrified. What if he left? What if he get tired of me? What if he hates me? I know it sounds like we're dating, but we aren't. when I get friends they aren't just people. I love my friends almost instantly, and very soon start to dread their disappearance, but he didn't leave. I thank God everyday for putting him in my life. He has helped a lot, its crazy. In 2 days I'm going to meet I'm. And I still have the same fears. What if he hates me? What if I get too nervous and act like an idiot?

I hear singing. It sounds so loving and caring, not just typical singing. I thought it was a dream so I didn't do anything. But then I felt a hand on my leg. It scares me awake. My eyes open to see him.l I sit there confused and I rub my eyes. "good morning," he says. I try to say words but I just cry. I cry because this is the day I had been waiting for for almost two years. I cry because im happy, I never thought it'd be like this. I always watched videos of people seeing each other in airports not being woken up to a song. He sits there staring at me, a few tears rolled down his cheek. When I finally stopped crying I sat up and hugged him, I never wanted to let go. And he didn't make me. He moved us to where we were both laying down, me still holding onto his neck. I wrapped my legs around one of his and we stayed like that for a while.

I always thought it was weird for me to crave touch as much as I did. My mother and sister never wanted to be touched but I needed it. Touch was like my oxygen. Simply having my toe touch his heel would have been good enough for me. After what felt like second I asked how he got in. he told me he knocked and my room mate let him in. "she let a stranger in? wow," "sit up,  I have something for you" I reluctantly let go of his neck and sit up, rubbing my eyes. He left the room and came back with his hands behind his back. "so I came early because I wanted to surprise you, and plus we get two extra days. He said his face was red and he started to look nervous, "we've known each other for two years," OHMYGOD "you make me so happy" IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING? "I've waited until I got to see you to ask this," YEP, IT IS "will you do me the honors of letting me call you my girlfriend" As he said that he pulled his arm from behind his back revealing yellow lilies in one hand and a stuffed kola in the other. I couldn't believe it. I never thought this would happen. "I don't know, are you here in my room right now?" I asked. "Um, yes?" he replied hesitantly, still unsure of my answer. "well then hell yea" He smiled, put the flowers and stuffed animal on my night stand and hugged me again. "thank you," he whispered into my neck.