Part 1

"When a man, loves a woman. Can't keep his mind on nothing else. He'd trade the world, for the good thing he's found. If she is bad, he can't see it. She can do no wrong. Turn his back on his best friend, if he puts her down.."

The Chase.

WHEN A SOLE LOVES HIS TEINE.

Houston leaned back in his seat, resting his head back with his eye's closed, before turning up the volume on his phone and letting the smooth voice of Percy Sledge drown out the noise from the other passengers on the train. It was always his favorite part of the day, when he'd finish work. He'd jump behind the wheel and the first thing he'd do was put on his favorite playlist before pulling out of the car park. But his older sister had needed his car to get to her job while hers was at the mechanics so Houston was stuck using public transport. He knew he had 50 mins before the train got to his stop to switch platforms, so he let himself relax a little as he hummed along to the ending bars to his song fading only for the song to restart. He begun singing every second line softly forgetting his surroundings. When it got to his favorite part of the song. He was singing out loud.

He felt a nudge on his leg which jolted him forward. He found an elderly lady sitting next to him. The obvious perpetrator who nudged him. Houston gave her an apologetic smile, wondering how loud was he actually singing. Sitting up straight in his seat he tried to fold his long legs to give the lady more room. A group of high school girls giggled as their phones were pointed in his direction. Looking down towards the other end of the carriage, he noticed a woman who's appearance was blocked by a man sitting directly in front of her. Her head went up making direct eye contact with Houston's. She held his stare before giving him a half smile, and looking back down towards her lap. Houston continued staring until she stood up as the train neared her stop. He had to shake his head when she got off. Why did he keep staring at her? He never would have given her a second glance if he saw her in a different setting and realized what a lie that was. He would have noticed her, he just wouldn't pursue her for the simple fact that she was a Samoan. And Houston and his friends made a pact never to date their own race, learning a lesson from one of the boy's who dated and fell in love with his Teine [Girl]. Only to find out when he took her home after a year of courting to introduce her to his parents that they were hit with the blow that she was a second cousin on his Father's side. They didn't even get the chance to introduce her to his parents. The Dad being so ecstatic to renew the connection between them, he had assumed his son had known of the connection and bought her home so his Dad could meet her. His girlfriend/cousin had looked gobsmacked before the reality hit her. She couldn't look him in the eye after that. It was a dark few months for the boys as they tried to comfort their friend. It was that night that they decided not to date a Samoan for fear of relation. Houston thought it was a pity the girl who got off the train was Samoan. He would have definitely made a move to know her name and number.

As he neared his stop to change trains, his older sister called through.

Houston- "Hey."

"Hey Winabe......Henry should already be at the station waiting for you. "

Houston- "Yeah ok. I just got here."

"Can you please help Henry pick up our new lounge chairs my favorite brother in the world "

Houston- "Pft. I'm your only brother. Is that why he wanted to pick me up?"

"No you dumb. He didn't want his little brother training it all the way home lol "

Houston- "You're such an eat ass & I don't know why your husband keeps referring to me as 'little' when your husband only comes up to my shoulders."