Part 2

The Chase

WHEN A SOLE LOVES HIS TEINE.

Houston met up with the boys at their usual spot, the Pub. They were already in the middle of a game of pool when he arrived. None of them paid him much attention as they watched Josh and Eric who were the most competitive of the bunch.

Houston grabbed his schooner before pulling up a stool to watch the game. He asked Raiden and Thomas who was winning.

Thomas- "This is their 4th round. Sore losers won't quit."

Houston knew this could soon ensue to a war of words and accusations of cheating. Which meant Thomas, the peacemaker of the group would have to step in and diffuse the situation. They all had their own unique quality that usually wouldn't work but for some reason it managed to hold them all together. Josh was the comedian. Eric was the most cunning and street smart. Thomas the peacemaker. Raiden the most talented and the brooder. And there was Houston, the smart one. They used their strengths to cover up each others weaknesses. Somehow, when they showed up to functions, so did the ladies. Houston found it amusing. Especially when it came to Raiden. Women seemed drawn to his 'Don't approach me. Don't annoy me' demeanor he managed to perfect after the "incident". Or as Josh likes to mockingly refer to it as the 'Find my Family' episode that nearly got him laying flat on his back. Raiden jolted Houston out of his musings when he asked him a question.

Houston- "What?"

Raiden- "I said have you got your wheels back yet?"

He shook his head and took a sip of his beer.

Houston- "Most likely next week."

Raiden- "You can use mine if you want. I've been taking my bike to work."

Houston- "Thanks uce. But I've grown fond of training it home now."

Raiden arched a brow.

"What Nationality is she?"

Houston- "Ah....don't ask."

Raiden- "You're kidding. We made a promise..."

Houston- "Don't get your boxers twisted. It's nothing like that."

He explained the story of what happened and the silent threat the brother made to Raiden and Thomas. By the end of his explanation Josh and Eric had joined them. Houston seemed to be the only one who knew what he was doing. The others thought he was crazy.

Josh- "Bro. A fob?! We made a pact."

Houston- "I didn't say I was gona date her."

Thomas- "But to play around with an Island girl is just....wrong. I don't know, I think it's a stupid plan."

Houston- "I'm not kidnapping her. I'm just gona try to get to know her better. Sally knows the siblings well..."

Eric- "Yeah because you're most likely related. What does she look like?"

Houston tried to recall their surname. A minute after he said it Josh pulled out his phone.

Josh- "Found her."

Houston- "What?!"

Josh- "On Fb. Is this her?"

The boys huddled around his phone to look at her profile. Once Houston confirmed it was her the boys became intrigued.

Eric- "Click on her page."

Josh- "Damn. It's on private."

Thomas- "Try her photos."