One

Today is one of those days where I just don't give a shit.

It's as if I won't giving a flying fuck even if Earth reaches its maximum boiling point.

I wipe the sweat that slowly slides down my forehead, down to my brow. That's my life now. Everything happens slowly, as if its slowly agonizing me. This day can't go fast enough, the machines can't run fast enough. Nothing is fast and I want it all to end.

When I was still a little boy and my mother's sanity is still very much in tact, she used to wipe my back whenever I came home from the playground. She would tell me that time flies so fast, and she just couldn't make it slow down so we could spend more time together in this hell of a planet.

I never understood her, not even now that she's buried six feet under.

I just couldn't wait for the world to spin fucking fast until my time cop comes and collects me. Until then, I'm stuck making these freaking washing machine run.

"I'm going now, boy. You're dimes are with Betsy's sittin' right there, get it when your done." Jim, a 62- year old gray haired man said. I didn't even spare him a glance. Not now when I'm planning ways to get rid of myself. 

Jim, he's a good man. Not the good kind of good. He's just good in some ways I can't even understand.

I met him a couple of years back when ma died and I had to do something if I was to make sure I don't die hungry. I was looking everywhere, nowhere for a freaking job. 

I was about to go back when I saw this quaint cafe under the bridge. The place reeks of everything cheap. I looked up at the sign that's says 'Rowdy' made up of broken, shattered light bulbs. The letters 'Y' and 'D' is barely making it.

I walked towards it and slide the door open. Amazingly, a couple pair of eyes follow me while I go straight to the bar. 

"I'm looking for a job, anything you can offer me can do." I say to the blonde skinny guy, handing him a resume that I wrote. He looks down on it and tries to hand it back to me again.

"Sorry bro, we ain't looking for extra workers today." He shooks his head and starts to walk away after staring at me for a couple of seconds.

"Hey! I--I'd do anything. I just fucking need it man, please." He raises an eyebrow, nods and eventually leaves me sitting down on one of the stools while he goes to the back and informs the boss.