Jalexa: The Meeting

I start dosing off in Mrs. Raynor's class. I can never seem to focus anymore. It's bad, I know. I refuse to go talk to someone about my problems, because every time I'm about to, I end up stopping myself. "Someone else has it better...", I always remind myself. Then it makes me feel like my problems don't matter, so I just keep them to myself. I'm always, constantly saving myself. I just really want the suicidal thoughts to go away. I want the depression to go away. But it just won't. The bell woke me up. "Finally", I think to myself. "Ms. Baker, please stay after." A million butterflies bolt to my stomach. "Am I in trouble?", I managed to say. She smiled and said, " No, please just take a seat." She pulls a chair in front of my desk, but gives me comforting vibes. "I've been noticing your grades going down, Alexa. What's going on?" I was caught completely off guard and had no idea what to say. I couldn't tell her about my depression! So I just said, " I'm sorry, I've just been slacking lately but I promise I'll get my grades up before the end of the quarter." She smiled and assured me, "Alexa I'm always here if anything, even the slightest thing is wrong. Okay?" "Okay."

I finally leave this hell of a school. I put both my earbuds in, and start walking to town. It's the beginning of spring, so it's still pretty cold. Winter has a hard time of saying goodbye. As I approach Starbucks to get my daily cup of coffee, someone bumps into me. I look up to see an unfamiliar face. Crystal blue eyes, and dark brown hair. "Im so sorry!!", he shouted. I reveal a half smile and assure him that it's okay. "I'm Jayden," he told me with a smile. "Alexa Baker" I was so nervous I said my last name. Damn it. "Nice to meet you pretty girl." It was so hard to not blush. I knew it from the moment he bumped into me that this boy is going to be trouble. "Can I treat you to a nice cup of coffee to makeup for my clumsiness?" I couldn't help but laugh and let him buy me the cup of coffee. As I thank him for the coffee, he insists on me sitting with him at one of the small tables. I couldn't resist. "Who are you?" He asked me, which had me confused. "I'm Alexa... as I had already told you." "No no no, that's not what I meant. I meant, who are you? Like what's your favorite color, your hobbies, your favorite movies, and so on. Tell me about yourself." "Why would you want to know me?" I asked in shock. "Because I feel it—..." "Feel what?!" I ask in curiosity. "I feel like it's you. You're the one that I'm going to make the memories with. Just watch, you'll see. I know that we just met, but I never doubt my gut feeling." I am so surprised, and nervous as hell. How the hell can he feel and admit the same thing I just thought when he bumped into me? I blush and quietly mumble, "Really..?" "Really. Is it possible for me to get the pretty girl's phone number?" I crack a smile. I took a napkin and a pen from my bag and write my digits on it and give it to him. As I stand up I admit, "I had the same feeling, that it's you." I give him a little wave to say goodbye and I leave Starbucks.

As I walk home, thoughts come swarming into my head. What's new? All I could think about was him. His perfect smile, the way his nose crinkles up when he laughs, the way his fluffy brunette hair was, his precious blue eyes. I noticed that for the first time in a long time, I was thinking about something else other than the depressive thoughts. Crap. I know I just met him but strings are already being attached...

END OF PART ONE; Jalexa: The Meeting