Prologue

"I don't love you, can't you see that?" Keiran asked softly, trying not to hurt the younger male.

      Jay just stood there, too shocked to move. "W-What do you mean you don't love me? Y-you told me yesterday that you believed we would work out..." Tears threatened to spill onto his pale cheeks, his blue eyes turning to a dull, empty green.

         "I mean what I said, shuck-head. I don't love you. I mean, I do, but I'm going to hurt you... I can't do that to you. You're too. God, I can't do this Jay. Goodbye."

         The phone line went quiet, a click telling him the call had been ended. Sinking to his knees where he was which was the middle of his room, he began sobbing silently. No noise was made besides the soft gasp for breath, his shoulders shaking as he continued to let the tears fall.

       'Don't do this to yourself, Jay. You're better than this.' After moment, he got on his feet and grabbed his phone again, deleting Keiran's  number. His thumb scrolled from the K's in his contacts to the C's where he clicked on his older brother, Cricket's, number.

       It took three minuets of useless redialing before Cricket picked up the phone.

      "Hey, angel, what's up?" His voice was laced with so much caring that Jay had to stop and physically choke back tears.

       "It's Keiran. I-I can't do it anymore Cricket. I can't take this, the being told I'm loved one moment then being called useless the next, it-"

      "Don't hurt yourself , Jay, I'll be there in a few minuets."

       Jay nodded softly, looking to the pistol and single bullet laying on the foot of his bed. Then, he gave the most believable lie

       "I won't."