Black eye {Chapter 1}

John Davis has a bullies reputation. At seven years old his parents divorced and his mother fought her might for custody. While attending Prescott High he failed all classes and bullied innocent bookworms enabling a high status among the students. His beastly temperament found refuge with Liana Colegate during their adolescent years.

Their last meeting was at prom, where pure thoughts were her specialty and believing in John's potential and capabilities set him straight correcting his attitude issues for better. In Greyson's Café, pleasing scents of coffee grains and milk relax the early morning grogginess in smoke filled plumes.

Unkind thoughts cloud his active mind, a voluptuous figure in a long cardigan, boyfriend jeans and Doc Martens captures his attention, her casual approach refreshing and familiar. "John?"

The hidden hostility was over powering, her aura was dark and broken but inner strength of amazing quality kept her sustained. Her hair half mint green fading to jet black, a rolled joint at her mouth corner puffing luscious smoke.

Liana held the cigarette amid her forefinger and thumb, licking chapped lips and smirking at his sight. "Lil's toothpaste." John grinned standing affront her frame, seven inches taller in height. Her hug is a reassuring reminder of the countless phone calls and fights shared among them.

"What happened to Andy?" His inquiry angered her, a clenched jaw and shaky exhaled breath sharpening gentle features. "He pulled a Shane Warne." Her comment left him perplexed, "You mean he groped another woman?" His joke short lived when Liana nodded emotionless.

Blood boiling rage consumed him. What an ass! Who