O N E

Hope you guys like this chapter. Comment what you think don't be a silent reader, I would appreciate if you press the little star you have on your screen and you can follow me if yo want.

Story song:  Work song by Hozier.
---------------------------------

I got home one night, and when I saw my wife serving dinner, I grab her hand and said: " I want the divorce".

She didn't seem upset by my words. Instead, she asked me softly: "Why?". I ignore the question and that got her furious. She throw me something and yell: "You're not a man"

That same night we didn't talk. She was crying. I knew she wanted to know what had happen in our marriage but I could not give her a satisfactory answer; she lost my heart because of Jane. I didn't love her anymore. Only had her compassion.

With a great sense of guilt, I draw up a divorce agreement saying that she could stay with the house, the car and with a 30% of my company. She saw it and shattered. The woman that had spent ten years of her life with me had become a stranger. I felt sorry for her wasted time, resources and energy but i could not take back what I had said.

Finally, she cry inconsolably in front of me, that was what I had expected to see in the first place. The idea of the divorce felt more real now.

I returned home late from work the next day and I found her writing something in the table. I didn't eat dinner, I went straight to bed and slept.

In the morning she present her conditions for the divorce: she didn't want anything from me, but ask that during the next month both of us tried to live a life as normal as possible.

Her reasons were simple: our son has exams in a month and she didn't want to alter him with our break.

She also asked me to remember as I had carried her to the room on the day of our wedding and she asked me to carry her from the room to the front door every morning for a month.

I thought she had gone crazy but to make our last days together bearable, I accept her strange proposal.