Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO

A:N: Just thought I’d inform you all that the rest of the story is going to be in POV’s, not 3rd person, starting with this chapter. I rewrote this because I wasn’t happy with what went down in Chpt 2.

Enjoy!

Niall’s POV

I sit in silence, drowning in the fading sunlight. I don’t want to think about anything right now, just enjoy the sun that rarely comes out in London.

But the sun doesn’t cheer up this situation. Not in any way. Nothing can ever make a graveyard cheerful, even a friend rising for the dead wouldn’t be cheerful, that’d just be terrifying!

I sigh and look down at Louis’ tombstone again. I’m sitting in front of it, no shame as there is no body to worry about. I lift my hand, tracing the engraved words with my finger.

Louis Tomlinson, 1991 – 2013. Always so loving, caring and bright! He will be missed.

I feel a fresh round of tears swell in my eyes and I let them fall. When I’m here, I feel like I can communicate to Louis even though he isn’t. I feel like I can let all of my emotions show, that he’ll have no shame of seeing me cry.

“I love you Lou.” I say before standing and walking towards the graveyard exit. I’m just passing through the gate when I feel a body collide with mine. I turn around to face the person and to apologize when I realize who it is.

“Perrie?” I say. I look to her left and see she’s standing next to Danielle. I haven’t seen either of these girls since Zayn and Liam broke up with them. I never understood why but it wasn’t my relationship so I guess it doesn’t concern me.

“Oh, Hi Niall. Sorry about that, didn’t see you there.” Perrie greets me back with a smile. She has always been a lovely girl, I thought her and Zayn were perfect for each other but obviously not.

“What are you doing at the cemetery?” I ask.

She glances at Danni before looking back at me. Her smile drops and she looks at the ground, sudden tears dripping down her face.

“I came because my friend is here. She dies a few weeks back.” She informs me. Her voice is low; barely a whisper and I struggle to hear her. Danielle puts her arm around Perrie and smiles sadly at me.

“Niall, I’m sure you have places to be and people to see, and so do we. Not to rush or be rude but we’re going to have to go now.” She says. “But I’m sure we’ll be seeing each other very soon.” With that and another small smile, she turns her and Perrie around and walk into the cemetery.

I stare at their backs as they walk off, eventually disappearing from my sight. I shake my head before turning and continue walking back to the hotel. Somehow, meeting them just lightened my mood a little.

After a while, I reach the hotel. I walk into the lobby and towards the elevator. I press the up button and wait for the doors to open. Perrie’s words run frantically in my head. Why would she tell me that? I know I asked, and I know that was wrong but she didn’t have to tell me.

The bell dings indicating me that the elevator has arrived, the doors slide open and I step in, pressing the button for the 28th floor. It’s not the penthouse, as fans discovered that we are always in the top floor of every hotel. Also, this is a 40 floor apartment building.

After only 5 minutes, the bell goes again and the doors open. I step out and head toward my apartment. I used to share with Lou, but after he vanished and I attempted suicide, Zayn moved in. The boys don’t trust themselves enough to leave me alone and I don’t blame them.