Finders keepers

Italicized = Thoughts or flashbacks

                                                               "When you have the wolf as a spirit animal, it's an expression of your sharp intelligence and strong instincts. The wolf symbolizes a strong connection with instincts and when it is an animal spirit guide, it could point to a way of perceiving and understanding the world around you that works similarly." I looked up at the old man, being young meant I had 'much to learn' as he said but I still didn't understand. "So pop's, why do I need to know this? The wolf is cool and all but," I looked towards the window, outside was a meadow. The meadow was scattered with white sheep, but not far form them was the forest tree line. "Wolves are mean.. They eat our sheep!"  The old man laughed and simply replied, "Well sooner or later we all eat sheep."

                                                               "You were right pops..." I looked back at the girl, who was looking down at the bag in her hands. "Sooner or later... We all eat sheep."  The girl had asked for the way across the forest so I decided to help, we had at least a day or two trek ahead however. I continued to walk and looked away from the girl, but I figured she noticed my glance when I heard her clear her throat to speak. "S-so.. Um... What are you exactly? A werewolf?" I scoffed at her guess. "No... I'm a spirit. well..." I looked back at her and saw her listening intently.

                                    "Technically I'm just a shape shifter..." Aphmau nodded in understanding, but I could smell the confusion emanating from her. "My family, for many generations, has been 'gifted' with shifting. Only the males end up with the gift, my pops tried to warn me of mine before it fully kicked in. But we aren't just wolves, my pops was a bear. My father was apparently a fox.. But that was only a story my mother told me so I wouldn't know."

                                                       I looked away from her and continued to walk forward. There was a pause before she followed again and asked another question. "If you don't mind me asking... How come your wolf is mute yet you are not.." I stopped and turned around. "Why do you ask so many questions?" Her face froze and she frowned. I sighed looking to the ground, the grass a dark green hue. "All spirits or rather, 'familiars', are mute when not around a witch or warlock. Now... Enough questions." I continued walking and she followed, after that it was silent. "I've told her too much.. If she figures it out then I'll never finish the task.."

                      Suddenly I smelled something. It was a new scent, but I could tell whatever it was it was close and dangerous. I paused and waited a moment, listening. I turned and shushed Aphmau before continuing. I shifted and stalked forward a bit, I heard it. It was a growl as low and menacing as a bears but with fury of a dragons. I suddenly heard a slight squeel from aphmau and I turned, to find her being held by a white haired Satyr.

                     Aphmau quickly pulled away and I took the moment to approach the sly beast. I growled, low and long. Ears back, eyes narrowed, teeth bared. I could sense it's fear, as it tried to calm me down. "H-hey listen I was only trying to get a look at the pretty lady~" the satyr glanced to aphmau, I snapped at him. "You listen here, I saw her first, I found her. Stay away from my-" "Woah listen I understand you saw her but-" "Enough!" Aphmau stepped in between me and the satyr. "Well... she's a brave one.."