Chapter 17: The Talk

To say that they were extremely worried was an understatement.

"She's never done this before Akira," Yuriko's stated anxiously, pacing back and forth on the small area that consisted the front of Michiru's white couch.

Two days of not answering nor returning phone calls after such a chaotic event finally drove the elder Kaioh to call her husband out of his work and go to their daughter's condo, only to find out that she wasn't there either.

"She didn't tell you anything? If she was going out or…something?" she asked halfway near hysterical.

Akira looked on at his wife worriedly and shrugged. "I mean, I haven't seen Haruka-chan either so—

"What does she have to do with it?"

The President of TWE visibly gulped as he looked away uneasily.

Yuriko quickly rounded on him. "There isn't anything going on with our daughter and Kenro's daughter is there?" she asked eyeing him warily.

"Well… it was over the last time I witnessed anything—

"Something actually happened??"

Okay, now she was hysterical.

Akira got up from his sitting position and grabbed his wife by the shoulders. He looked at her squarely in the eyes seriously, immediately grabbing her attention. "Michi-chan is a mature, independent young woman who can take care of herself Yuriko. I mean, yes, I sort of went over the edge sometimes by making my bodyguards follow her to no end, but she's very responsible and when she gets back, I'm sure she'll tell us exactly where she's been and what's going on. As for her relationship with my subordinate…well still don't know the full details about it. It's her personal life. When she wants us to know about it, she'll be more than willing to tell us."

Yuriko sighed heavily for a moment before nodding in agreement. "I'm just worried Akira, that's all. I know Michi-chan's responsible. She won't do anything that will endanger her future and she's…she's…not sexually active…right?"

Akira's eyes bulged from their sockets. "YURIKO THEY'VE ONLY KNOWN EACH OTHER FOR A COUPLE WEEKS!"

"Right!" his wife nodded vigorously. "Our daughter would know better than that!"

Akira nodded relieved at one hand that he knew Haruka well enough that she hopefully wouldn't do anything…yet…and at the same time worried that Michiru might not be with her in the first place.

Why did we say it was okay for her to not wield a cell phone?? He sighed deeply and looked at one of the paintings posted on the wall. Well if it comes down to it…at least she can't get pregnant. He almost breathed a sigh of relief thanking the gods that Haruka was a girl because if she was any other gender he would not be sitting here idly. No he'd be turning Japan upside down looking for her and then castrating any boy within thirty feet of her.

When he looked back up, Yuriko had resorted to, once again, pacing. When the doorknob to the condo twisted open, they both looked up expectantly only to find the Vice President looking back at them.

"Kenro?" Yuriko called out.

"I see the kids aren't back yet," he replied boyishly and closed the door behind him.

"So they are together then?" Akira asked as his coworker settled on the loveseat across from the sofa he was on.

Kenro merely shrugged. "I mean, Michiru-chan came to see me yesterday afternoon with the intent of looking for Haruka-chan, but I don't know if they're together. Haruka-chan left her cell phone at the house on purpose too…didn't want distractions."