Decisions

"Did you lock it?" He asked as he tried hard to open the door.

"No." She replied.

He tried opening it again but he failed. Being stuck in the cupboard with her wasn't something he wanted but now they were locked.

He sat down on the floor whilst she stood up. He looked away from her, trying to completely avoid her. He was backing off, just like she wanted him to.

"You okay?" She asked as she sat on the floor next to him. He shifted slightly. The close proximity and yet not being able to do anything was hurting him. "Well?" She asked.

"What do you want from me Connie." He shouted. The pain in his voice. The sadness. "We nearly died in there...and I can't switch my emotions on and off like you do."

She wasn't surprised but his outburst. She deserved it after the way she had treated him. "You know am hurting too." She replied. "It's not easy being away from you Jacob. It's not easy being away from someone you love."

"Love." He said. "You have a funny way of showing your love. It's not love connie. I was just your toy for you to play with whilst your daughter was away and now...am just thrown away. Not wanted."

"That's not true and you know it Jacob." She snapped. She was angry. How dare he say that to her. Couldn't he see that she was hurting too. Just like him.

"So what is it then?" He asked.

She turned around and looked at him, inching closer and closer. "I want you Jacob." She said as she captured his lips, kissing him. He responded instantly, forcing his tongue inside her mouth as he deepened the kiss.

He moved back shocking Connie. "I can't do this." He said as he stood up. "It's not fair Connie. Playing with my feelings."

"Jacob please..I love you but.. But I" She hesitated.

"But we can't be together because you let a girl control your life." He shouted. "All those days..I thought I meant more than that.."

"You know you do Jacob." She replied quietly. "You mean so much to be but we can't be together..for now.."

"Well I can't keep on waiting whilst you listen to your daughter...it's never going to work Connie." He said as he walked towards the door and started banging.

Minutes later, the door was finally opened. He walked out of the room slamming the door behind him.

He was hurt and so wan she. She needed to make things right. She couldn't lose him..she couldn't...