Chapter 2

Summer's POV
Word after word, lyric after lyric. I just kept on writing until the Home workers rang the big bell in the hallway signalling that supper was ready.
I packed away all my pens and carefully closed my notebook and placed it back in the draws.
I slipped on my black asda own brand trainers and scurried downstairs to avoid the mad dash of people stampeding to the dining room.
"Sup fag" Beverly spat at me as I sat down. I think they pretend not to notice, the workers, they pretend they don't see me like this. Or they don't care. Probably just not caring. That doesn't bother me. My dad didn't care, my only friend wouldn't talk to me. They workers would care if everyone around me wasn't a homophobe.
Dinner lasted for a long time. I are my pasta in science availing eye contact with Beverly.
Makeup is my best friend. It covers up my scars and bruises. I have nothing to live for apart from my music.

That was before I discovered YouTube. I was on the computer for part of my "3 hours a week" agreement with the home. The older you were the more time you get on the computer. I was endlessly scrolling through Tumblr when I found a gif of two people I had never seen on the internet before. Two men with opposing fringes. One had brown hair and brown eyes and the other had black hair and blue eyes. I clicked on the tags for the photo and was informed that these two men were called 'Dan and Phil'. I googled them and found out that they made YouTube videos on the internet and presented radio 1 every Monday night a 9 pm (#promo).
After watching them for an hour on YouTube I was in love. I had found something that made me laugh. For the first time in moths I felt happy. I could relate to them, I felt happy for their friendship and they made me feel important. Loved.