Now or never

Jessica fumbled around the kitchen her high stress levels becoming obvious. She paced as she dried the dishes and placed them into the cupboards. The back door slammed causing her to jump and she dropped the plate in her hand. Shards of glass littered the floor at her feet and she rung the dish towel in her hands.

"Shit."she muttered covering her face. She let out a shaky breath and placed her hands on the counter taking a deep breath. A little girl about five years old came around the corner into the dinning area. She was dressed in a little pink leotard and black tights. She had a small duffle-bag over her shoulder and her hair was done up in a tight bun on the top of her head.

"Mamma." she called out to Jessica from the opening between the kitchen counter and the wall, connecting the dinning room and kitchen together. Jessica looked up at her daughter standing in the doorway panic on her face.

"Don't come in here Shura there's glass everywhere."

"Mamma." Shura demanded more urgently this time as she watched her mother in a panic.

"What honey?" Jessica asked trying to stay as calm as possible.

"I have to go to dance." she pouted. "Daddy can't take me, he said to ask you."

Jessica looked at the little girl in front of her, practically a mirror image of herself. She smiled thinking suddenly her situation wasn't so bad. She looked around the room at the mess she had just made.

"Umm, yeah okay." she paused considering her options. "Okay, okay I'll take you. Do you have all your stuff? Go sit on the couch for just a minute and I'll take you."

Shura turned leaving her mother to panic on her own. She walked to the living room to sit on the couch as she was told. As she did so the back door once again slammed shut and Jessica jumped. She mumbled to herself and placed both palms on the counter letting out a breath. She could hear Sam talking in the other room and she shook her head.

"Hey honey where's your mother? Is she taking you to class?" Sam asked Shura as he walked threw the house.

"Yeah, she's in the kitchen. She broke something again."

Sam laughed and kissed the top of her head. He made his way into the kitchen, only making it to the dining room as Jessica stared at him. He stopped and raised his eyebrow at her.

"Everything okay in here?"

Jessica didn't reply right away. She thought to herself for a moment deciding it was now or never. She would have to tell him sooner or later and now was probably the best time to do it. She looked down at the broken glass and then back up at Sam locking eyes with him.

"Im pregnant." she stated plainly. Sam stared at her for a moment before crossing the space between them.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes im sure." Jessica looked down whipping away the tear streaming down her flushed cheek. Sam gripped her shoulders in his hands holding her tight.

"Oh sugar that's great." he lifted her up spinning her around as she laughed. He placed her back on the ground ignoring the broken glass, and Jessica looked up at him slightly confused. "What, your happy about this? Are you sure?"

"Yes, Jessica. We're going to have another baby." he smiled. "That's good news. You know I love Shura, but now we'll have a baby of our own, you and me."

Jessica laughed whipping her tears again. Sam hugged her tight kissing her head.

"Oh this is so exciting." he stood her upright. "Okay you go sit down and rest I'll take Shura to dance and clean up this mess." he kissed her over and over again as she laughed.

"Sam I'm fine I can clean this up, really I'm not crippled." she laughed. "Just pregnant." she smiled again enjoying the feeling of it all. She was having another baby and that way the best thing she could have asked for. Sam kissed her again hugging her tight.

"Ha we're having a baby." he said excitedly. "Shura honey get your things we're gonna be late." he kissed Jessica and turned to get his keys.

Jessica grabbed him as he turned. "Don't you dare tell her." she scolded.

"I wont I swear." he moved in to kiss her and she laughed. "Now you go sit down, read a book, hell I don't care. Just rest, I'll be back." he moved for the front door where Shura stood patiently waiting. He shooed her out the door and turned to Jessica. "We're having a baby." he smiled excitedly.

Jessica laughed as the door closed she shook her head and grabbed the broom from behind the pantry door. She could breath easy now, she was excited for her blessing and knowing Sam was happy too made it all worth it.
******
I know this one is way short and not much detail, but I got an ask on tumbler to do this one. I may come back later and write in matte detail and what not but there you have it. Thanks as always guys. Love yall tons.