Chapter I

'' How do you mean she is dead ?'' 

Feeling the tears already coming down , i raise my voice suddenly feeling very angry at Amelia . How could she have left Rosie at that party alone last night . I pull back my red hair into a ponytail and just look threw the window speechless , i had just spoken to Rosie yesterday when we got into a huge fight because she was seeing a married man . Rosie was no saint .. but she was everything to me ...all i had left.

''The cops were here this morning , and they told me they found her dead near a park on the other side of town . I am so sorry Rose , i take full responsibility i should have stayed with her last night "

Amelia sounded so guilty over the phone i couldn't hope but to feel bad  , she was the only one who was their for us when our parents left us and supported Rosie with her dreams of moving to California.

"It's not your fault Amelia , we all know how Rosie is ... or was .. i just cant believe she is gone , its like a piece of me just broke " 

I tried holding in the tears but  i just couldn't face the fact  that she was gone ... and i was left alone . She was always the strong , brave , and happy one . The truth is that after our parents left us i was never the same again , i shut down emotionally and shout everyone out .

.............

After the conversation i had with Amelia i decided  to fly to California and get the body of my sister , she deserve to be buried in Safe-Heaven it was where we were born , it was our home . I dropped of my bags at the hotel then went to identify my sister's body  and spoke to a detective who told me that my sister's death was no accident ... she was murdered . In that moment my heart sunk i couldn't breath my entire body was shaking i felt like the walls were falling apart  . I then asked my self who would want to hurt her was is that man she was seeing or someone else ? 

Now i am on my way to my cosine Amelia's apartment . In the cab i saw how time went by but i stayed still, all the lights and the noise from the streets and the change in the traffic lights but i couldn't get the image of my sister out of my head . Before i know it i'm ringing the bell .

"OMG Rose its really you ! "

in a swift moment she is practically strangling me with her hugs  .

"Its been what ? 5 years ? . How are you "

she pulls back and takes a deep breath 

"I should be asking you that . have you seen her ?''

" I did " 

i say pushing the memory away 

"You are welcome to stay here as long as you need , i'm here for you "

"Thank you Amelia , funny you would say that i was about to ask you if i can stay a little more then a few days . I'm not leaving until i find my sister's killer "

Well this is it for my first chapter i hope you guys like it .Pleas bare with me and leave your comments :)