New Life

Few changes: the twins are 10 and they know about their deceased brother, Kerri attends church... That's about it. Enjoy!
_______________________________________

Kerri's POV

Ever since I lost the baby, I've been attending New Life Harvest Church. It really seems like I have a new spiritual life. I feel more alive now than I ever have. Kiara goes with me faithfully every Sunday, Monday and Friday. Tiara, on the other hand, prefers to stay home with her stubborn father. He says he doesn't want to go because people will look at him and judge him. I didn't feel like arguing with him, so I just went alone. One day after me and Kiara came home from church, Trey told me he wanted to talk to me.

"Kerri, baby, I need to talk to you," he said, something obviously bothering him.

"What's up, honey?" I asked concerned.

"Well, people keep coming up to me and telling me that I must feel like a hypocrite with a Christian wife," he said.

"Well do you?" I asked.

"I mean, yea. But I don't wanna. Sooooo..."

"You're gonna join!?!" I asked, extremely excited. He looked at me like I was crazy and laughed.

"What!?! No! I'm telling you to stop going!" Trey said, laughing. I looked at him straight faced.

"You're TELLING me to stop going?" I asked, sarcastically confused. He stopped laughing.

"I don't go to church but I'm sure the bible says something about the man being in charge," he said. I shook my head.

"If you read for understanding, you'd realize that the men should get direction from God and then the woman will follow. Pulling me out of church to please your flesh isn't from God!" I shot back. He was silent for a short while.

"Man all that is besides the point. Stop going to that place," he said. I smirked.

"Absolutely not."

"Excuse me?"

"Absolutely not. I'm not going to put my spiritual life to please your insensitive flesh," I said, calmly.

"You sure about that?" Trey asked, getting up and walking towards the door.

"One hundred percent positive," I said. He opened the door.

"Get out."

"What? No."

"GET OUT! I'M SURE YOUR CHURCH FAMILY WILL GIVE YOU A PLACE TO STAY!" Trey roared with anger. The twins came into the living room.

"What's going on?" Kiara asked.

"Go back to your rooms," Trey said. They slowly walked back upstairs.

"You sure this is what you want?" I said walking towards the door.

"One hundred percent positive," he said. I walked out of the door and got into my Chrysler 300 and drove off.

Trey's POV

After Kerri left, I told the twins to come down.

"What's going on?" Tiara asked.

"Things are gonna be a little different around here," I said.

"Why?" Kiara asked.

"Well, mommy is gone and that means only one parent. And with one parent, the children of that parent are to abide by those rules. And the first new rule is that God stays at church and home stays at home. Kiara, as long as I'm in charge, no more going to church. Those people are nothing but hypocrites and I don't need that rubbing off on you," I said. Kiara began to cry.

"Where did mommy go?" Tiara asked.

"It doesn't matter. She's gone and that's that," I said, looking at Tiara and then back at Kiara.

"Kiara, I understand you're upset, but you have to understand that all church people are hypocrites. I'm just looking out for you, baby," I said. She looked at me, her eyes filled with angry tears.

"You wanna know what a hypocrite is, daddy!?! A hypocrite is telling someone that you wanna make them happy and then doing everything to make them mad. A hypocrite is someone who at once was thankful for his family and now does anything in his power to break it apart. A hypocrite is someone who knows they are wrong but refuses to get it right. No I'm sorry, that's just a down right idiot! And you know what, daddy, I'M SICK OF LIVING UNDER THIS IDIOCRACY!" Kiara yelled. Without thinking, I slapped her across the face.

"DADDY!!!!" Tiara yelled and hugged her sister. I came to my senses.

"I'm sorry," was all I kept saying. Tiara shook her head and they both went to their room. I dropped to my knees and cried into my palms. What was I turning into?

"Are you ready to change?" Kerri asked, walking through the dining room into the living room. I looked up confused. Tears filled my wife's eyes.

"Kerri? What are you doing here? How much of that did you see or hear?" I asked.

"I saw everything. You know Kiara was right," she said, wiping her tears. I nodded my head.

"I know she was right. I didn't mean to hurt her. Its just that something took over me and--"

"Anger and rage and frustration took over you and caused you to do something Tremmaine would never do," Kerri said. I cried again.

"I want to change. I need to change," I cried.

"Girls, come here!" Kerri yelled.

"MOMMY!!!" they exclaimed.

"Changes are going to be made in this house. We have allowed the devil to dwell in this house for too long and its time we kick him out and allow Jesus in," Kerri said.

"That means we can go to church?" Kiara asked.

"We can go to church everyday for the rest of lives but if we don't believe that we can spiritually change for the better, its pointless."

"I believe we can change," Kiara said.

"Me too," Tiara said. They all looked at me.

"I believe we can change. I believe we are going to change," I said.

"For the better?" Kerri asked.

"For the best!" I said.

"Daddy I'm sorry I yelled at you," Kiara said.

"You were right, though. I'm sorry for hitting you," I said and rubbed her face.

"It only stung. I'm OK," she said and hugged me. Then everyone hugged me.

"Are you guys ready for a new life?" I asked.

_______________________________________

Are you guys ready for their new life? I hope you guys enjoyed it...comment your opinions respectfully!