This Boy

This boy. This boy hurt me. No, I was never in love with him, yes I loved him like a brother. Now, this boy was really messed up. He was hurt and scared to feel, almost like a robot. He was scared of feelings. I loved him, even the ugly. Sadly, he didn't feel the same way. He gave up on me, when I needed him the most. He gave up on my best friend, and broke her heart. So, why love the guy?  Well, if you knew him as well as my best friend and I, you would love him too. Smart, determined, funny, all great qualities. But, he did have draw backs, which the first sign of issues that I should've payed attention too, but ignored. That was my first mistake. The draw backs consisted of hating others quickly, ignoring people for random reasons, and hating himself. He craved love, and he had a major hole in his heart. He would do anything for people to love him, even threaten his life. That scared me. I wanted to support him, but he was turning down a dark path. He was hurting my friend, and toying with her emotions. It wasn't okay with me. This boy was her drug, and she slowly got addicted. I was scared to lose her and him. She soon realized what I had seen all along, he wasn't good for her. We had to distance ourselves, which killed us a little everyday. We supported him, loved him, and all he did was tear us down. Was he even my friend? Who knows. It's not like he'll talk to me again. He wrecked me. I still love him, even after what he's done. But I'm really scared loosing him. Should I act like nothing's wrong, and put on a mask? I don't know anymore. All I know is that I miss him. And she misses him. But I don't think he's coming back anytime soon.